I just carry my Z10 and that's it. I hate the sucky battery life though. Makes me want to get a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you. I love my Z10 but the battery really is rubbish. Considering the Z30 as well. But with the coming Passport, I just might get that instead.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:11 AM
    [...]

I think a lot of celebrities will have an iPhone or something just for 'show' but actually their main phone to use is a BlackBerry

Check Out TechCraze
    Which celebrities? Can you list them?

I am surprised that anyone would carry two devices because one of them does not have the needed functionality -- missing apps being the prime example. That means two chargers, two cables, two pockets required, two things to take out at security, and so on. For me, those inconveniences would far outweigh any perceived advantage either of the devices had.

If my employers required me to use an app that was available only on platform A, there's no way I'd also schlep a device that ran platform B because its keyboard/email/whatever was a bit better.
    07-23-14 08:13 AM
    I am really curious, please do add :
    • What apps your're missing on either phone
    • What use case makes the second phone necessary

My carry-around gear is usually: A red Z10 - a proper automatic/mechanical watch - a TGT (tight) wallet - and some Ray Bans... done.
    What would I need a second phone for?

Anyway, if there are people carrying 2 phones, it's time to address/discuss those missing parts.
    Mostly local apps only available in ios. I also carry my Ray Bans!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:22 AM
    Of course using z10 and another, my signature say it all

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    07-23-14 08:28 AM
    Bad English. Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-23-14 08:33 AM
    A watch, that's it. And a real watch, none of that smartwatch claptrap.

Posted via CB10
    Why such duplication?

Your phone has a "watch!"
    I don't even wear a watch (took it off years ago after sitting in subway cars and fretting over being late with no control!)
    Elite1 and wincyUt like this.
    07-23-14 09:17 AM
    Why such duplication?

I don't even wear a watch (took it off years ago after sitting in subway cars and fretting over being late with no control!)
    My watch has several advantages: it never needs a new battery (or hasn't in five years -- it is a Citizen EcoDrive); I don't need to plug it in every night; I can check the time when I don't want to be seen checking the time; I can leave it on while swimming; and so on.

My watch didn't suddenly stop working when I got a smartphone, so I didn't see any need to stop using it. It's pretty much a zero maintenance device that does one thing extraordinarily well.
    ronfc, spikesolie, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    07-23-14 09:38 AM
    Z10 as my main device and IPhone 4S as a second phone when I travel
    07-23-14 09:40 AM
    I use my Q10 and take my pared Playbook for when I want a large screen for processing reports and streaming satellite radio on the super fast html5 browser. Great combination.
    kokming teh likes this.
    07-23-14 09:46 AM
    I am leaving my z and going back to the Q. Have tried to adjust to touchscreen but to no avail. It's ok for casual texting and browsing but when it comes to serious emailing I make way too any mistakes. When I previously had the Q I had an iPod 5 for social media and apps...etc. so I will be going back to that.

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    07-23-14 09:54 AM
    My main phone is the Z30. I also carry a pre-paid Nokia Lumia 925 as a backup. The 925 allows access to OneNote, Skype (prefer not to use the version available on BlackBerry) and Microsoft Lync for work.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note tablet that is collecting dust. My Z10 and 9930 are tucked away in the event of an emergency and as travel devices.

[URL = "bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join She, Me, Her: I am Woman[/URL] Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    07-23-14 10:26 AM
    I just carry my Z10 and that's it. I hate the sucky battery life though. Makes me want to get a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the exact same position.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 10:31 AM
    z10 only...
    07-23-14 10:43 AM
    Why such duplication?

Because then I look at my wrist like a dumbass every few minutes. It's become reflexive now.
    Mr.Willie and Elite1 like this.
    07-23-14 10:52 AM
    I have a Z10 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I never carry them at the same time. I switch back and forth because I like both and I like variety.

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Note 3
    TgeekB and Elite1 like this.
    07-23-14 11:14 AM
    Z10 for personal use, 9790 for business purposes...
    07-23-14 11:14 AM
    I just carry my Z10 and thats all I need.
    07-23-14 11:39 AM
    All I have ever used is a BlackBerry - I have absolutely no need for any of the other smartphones.
    07-23-14 11:46 AM
    I carry a Z10 for personal and a Galaxy S4 the work.

I prefer the Z10.

Z10
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-23-14 11:52 AM
    I think the question should switch to "Do you use a BlackBerry for personal or work?".
    07-23-14 12:38 PM
    I see many people carrying 2 phones. Iphone BB combination seems to be quite popular, mostly legacy BB devices at that. I carry a 9720 and Nokia 5530. I am slowly moving to one phone (the 9720 of course ), but the Nokia just won't retire.
    07-23-14 12:38 PM
    I have Q10&Z10 and I carry ipod touch 5th gen.
    07-23-14 01:26 PM
    The Z30 is all I need. It has all the apps that I need and more. It is my complete computing/ communication device.

From my ? phone
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-23-14 01:34 PM
    Which celebrities? Can you list them?

I am surprised that anyone would carry two devices because one of them does not have the needed functionality -- missing apps being the prime example. That means two chargers, two cables, two pockets required, two things to take out at security, and so on. For me, those inconveniences would far outweigh any perceived advantage either of the devices had.

If my employers required me to use an app that was available only on platform A, there's no way I'd also schlep a device that ran platform B because its keyboard/email/whatever was a bit better.
    No problem, first I will address some of your points; depending on the combination it may not be as stressful as you think, though you'll find that people develop specific uses for each phone so it's not like they try to use them both at once..

E.g. Samsung and BlackBerry use the same chargers so it would be easy to just pick any up and go whenever you head out.. also I don't get the two pockets things, I think you'll find it harder to find a piece of clothing with just one pocket, and again with BlackBerry in the mix it would be small whilst the other phone is big so not hard to find a space for it..

To be honest it's not that impractical, what's the difference with carrying a laptop and a phone, or a tablet and a phone isn't that a bigger inconvenience than two phones..

Here's the list, it's not full just what I could find in a few minutes;

1)Eliza Dukshu

Is this the norm nowadays: carrying BB + ___?-eliza-dushku-actress-blackberry-iphone.jpg

2) Famke Janssen

See recent Crackberry post

3) Alicia Keys

Is this the norm nowadays: carrying BB + ___?-alicia-keys-iphone.jpg

4) Kim Kardashian

5) Lady Gaga

Check Out TechCraze
    07-23-14 01:46 PM
    I have an ipad air with cellular connection but I also have an iPod touch so if I don't have my ipad with me I can always fire up the hotspot on my Q10 and use my itouch for apps. I do not feel the need for an iPhone at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 01:55 PM
161 12345 ...