I know the answer to this is probably on this forum about 100 times, but I looked and looked and didn't find, so apologies in advance.

If I'm connected to my carrier but also WiFi, if I start an app that uses data or go on the web, will my phone use the WiFi over the mobile network signal?

Everytime I'm near WiFi I've been turning my mobile network connection off to save data, as I only get to use so much a month. Is this necessary?
    03-07-10 10:25 PM
    If the wifi emblem is lit up rather than dim then it is ising BIS over WiFi and is still considered carrier data.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-07-10 10:31 PM
    If the wifi emblem is lit up rather than dim then it is ising BIS over WiFi and is still considered carrier data.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    So if I want to conserve carrier data I have to turn the carrier connection off when I'm using WiFi?
    03-07-10 10:37 PM
    So if I want to conserve carrier data I have to turn the carrier connection off when I'm using WiFi?
    That's really the only way to be sure you're not using data on the mobile network.
    03-08-10 06:47 AM
    That's really the only way to be sure you're not using data on the mobile network.
    ahh that sucks =/ oh well, thanks everyone
    03-08-10 10:40 PM
    =S wow, this is new, i always think that using wifi the mobile network "shuts off" himself... i mean, it sounds logic... guess i was wrong =P
    03-09-10 12:01 AM
    This is exactly the question Iwas looking for, so that means you cant get phonecalls while using apps over wifi, if you switch off the network , which seems a bit stupid for a phone? Im new so dont rip into me if I dont understand. Cheers C
    03-09-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD