so ive been hearing about doing battery pulls to free up memory and whatnot.

so my question is what is a battery pull and how do i do it?...
    sorry for being such a NOOB everyone
    04-09-08 05:44 PM
    It's super easy. . . Just pull out the battery, wait a few seconds, then put it back in again. It's really go to do it once a week or so. I work in data support and a battery pull solves 99% of problems!
    04-09-08 05:47 PM
    o wow...ok...i thought it had something to do with reseting the phone or something. ill be sure to do that about once a week from now on then. Thanks alot
    04-09-08 05:49 PM
    You could also install SoftReset - a small app that does what a battery pull does without the hassle.
    geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    04-09-08 05:55 PM
    Does alt, caps, & del do the same thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 05:59 PM
    In most cases, all you need to do is soft boot, which you can do without the wear and tear on the battery door by holding ALT, R. SHIFT, and then pressing DEL.

If that doesn't do it, you can turn off the phone either with the power off icon, or button.

Only if you are unable to power off, or the phone locks up is a battery pull really necessary or the ideal solution. You only would need the soft-reset program if you don't have the 3-finger method available on your model.

You will get the same reseting of memory (ie memory will no longer be fragmented by garbage collection) with a soft-reset as with a battery pull.
    04-09-08 06:00 PM
    also to optimize your memory by following these instructions
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    04-09-08 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD