I'm a total BB noob but have become interested in getting one. If I buy a used one from Ebay what's the deal with the BBM PIN? Can I transfer the phone to me without the seller being involved or do they have to de-register it first?
    04-02-12 09:42 AM
    the pin is specific to device not the person....so the answer is no he doesnt have to deregister...
    04-02-12 09:59 AM
    I thought that the PIN was associated with the owner's email address? Wouldn't he have have to disconnect (for want of a better word) them?
    04-02-12 10:02 AM
    I thought that the PIN was associated with the owner's email address? Wouldn't he have have to disconnect (for want of a better word) them?
    The Blackberry ID (BBID) is associated with the email. You have to make sure the IMEI is released & free to use.
    04-02-12 10:16 AM
    Ensure the device is able to be used before you buy it (or make sure you have recourse should the device not be in working condition)
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-02-12 10:40 AM
    Buying a BlackBerry from another person is a great way to do business; but you have to be careful when dealing with PIN's and other identification issues. I agree with the other posters: make sure the phone works and/or get the owner's contact information in case you need help or have questions. Good luck, and have fun with your new phone!
    04-02-12 12:10 PM
    When buying a phone from ebay:

1. Buy from a seller with a high percentage of positive feedback.
    2. Buy a phone that will work on your carrier.
    3. Read the listing carefully, especially to verify the return policy.
    4. Stay away from shady sellers that sell blacklisted or stolen phones.
    5. Pay with PayPal because they can mediate for you if you have a dispute about your purchase.

If you post a link for the phone you are considering, we can give you our opinion of the deal.
    robluck82 likes this.
    04-02-12 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD