i unlocked my tmobile 8320. (i got the email from tmobile) so after that I put a att sim card in and nothing happens. it doesnt even say UMA under wifi anymore.

get this, att pics up good were im at, but tmobile doesnt have service were im at. so i would think since its a att sim card I would be able to pic up att signal.

but the question is since I unlocked the phone: can I use wifi(how?) and is there anything else I need to do under settings in options?

thanks
    08-27-09 06:28 PM
    you can use the wifi normally with or without a SIM card in it. ATT doesnt support UMA so youre not going to be able to use it to make UMA calls over wifi while on the ATT network. only t-mobile will allow you to do that, with the option added to your plan.
    08-27-09 06:43 PM
    ok it shows my wifi name. but it says SOS(i dont have a good tmobile signal were im located)

so it will be connected even tho it says SOS right. but will i be charged by ATT because I have a prepaid sim card
    08-27-09 06:49 PM
    so to make it more simple.

1. I need to know after I unlock my phone is there any settings I have to set up or just put the att sim card in?

2. Will I get a better signal?? because I have a tmobile phone and a att prepaid phone. I can pick up att with my att phone but with tmobile it doesnt pick up anything were im located, so if I put a ATT sim card in my tmobile phone will I get a better signal?
    08-27-09 06:50 PM
    if it says SOS, then you have no cellular covereage. you can be connected over wifi and still browse but you wont be able to make any calls while on AT&T. if your t-mobile SIM card is in, im guessing you will be able to as long as it connects properly saying UMA.
    08-27-09 06:50 PM
    for just phone and texting, the phone should work right way.
    08-27-09 06:52 PM
    ok so the problem is I may not have a good signal were im located at(i guess) but it picks up good with an ATT PHONE.....

I also thought I would get charged by ATT if I use my wifi.
    08-27-09 06:55 PM
    wifi is *free* as long as the phone is truely connected to it and using it as an active connection.
    08-27-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD