Hi, I need some help with a certain feature my 8520 has (maybe call barring, or deleting the short cut)

My phone lock button isnt working as great as it should be.

Sometimes, and I dont know which button im pressing for this to make happen...the phone has been dialling AAAAA when in my pocket, which I think gives me some sort of satellite radar which tells me my current location.

I have rang this number accidentally a few times now with one of the longest calls 20 minutes before I had realised whats happening.

I take it this number is a premium rate number and charging me quite a bit.

Any solutions guys?

Thanks x
    08-16-10 08:20 AM
    I dont know, i just tried it and got nothing. The code you have dialed is incorrect.
    08-16-10 08:23 AM
    Its AAAAA

with the 2nd 'A' having a small circle attached to the top, which my keyboard doesnt have.
    08-16-10 08:27 AM
    Might try getting a magnet holster and using it. I was having a problem with pocket emailing on my Bold. The Mod group wanted to kill me! I kept sending them blank emails. (OK I'm exaggerating, it only happened once or twice) Anyways, getting a RIM branded magnet holster (which puts the BB in to lock mode when you holster it) solved the problem. The Mod group loves me again. (OK I'm exaggerating again )
    08-16-10 08:28 AM
    Sounds like you have an addres book entry (Contacts) called AAAAA and attached to a premium number. Delete the contact.

Then set a password so locked phone needs the code to release.

Then go out and buy a proper BlackBerry case (with the sleeper magnet) which inactivates the keyboard when not in use. Something like http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content should fix it.
    08-16-10 08:32 AM
    08-16-10 08:41 AM
    Sounds like you have an addres book entry (Contacts) called AAAAA and attached to a premium number. Delete the contact.

Then set a password so locked phone needs the code to release.
    nothing in contacts with AAAAA, have deleted the number out of my call logs tho...

how'd I set a password like the one you speak of?
    08-16-10 08:45 AM
    Something else you can do is change your keyboard to not be used for speed dialing. Go into Options > Phone Options > General Options and turn Dial From Home Screen to No.

This will keep your keyboard from pocket dialing. Plus, pressing the A key (or K key if you have a password set) will lock the keyboard.
    08-16-10 10:01 AM
    Go into Options > Phone Options > General Options and turn Dial From Home Screen to No.
    I go into options but from there I dont have phone options or general options.
    08-16-10 10:19 AM
    I go into options but from there I dont have phone options or general options.
    Press the call key once to bring up your recent calls and then hit the menu/BB button and select options. It should bring you to the right place.
    08-16-10 10:46 AM
    Ahhh cheers.

So no one still heard of this satellite radar thing what ive been ringing? Is it not associated with BB?

The auto bot womAn talking sounded very english, if thats possible.
    08-16-10 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD