I have a 9700. I had a Nokia 5230 (The T-Mobile branded "Nuron"). That's something to keep in mind.

I have an unlimited data connection and fast 3G in my area (My top in the area was around 950kbps, downloaded a 5MB song in like 18 seconds). That was on the Nuron. To my understanding, the default BB browser uses the BIS proxy to retrieve pages, compress them, etc etc. Bolt is another BB alternative, which also uses a proxy for the same reason. Opera Mini is the other browser alternative, but it uses a proxy as well (and it's clunky). Is there a web browser for the BB that just uses your connection to download web pages? On the Nokia 5230 with Opera Mobile on 3G web pages would pull up in 2 to 5 seconds, and be fully loaded in 10 to 15. The BB browser is slow as ****, Bolt is ugly and unpolished, and Opera Mobile is awesome but Opera Mini is clunky and buggy, it's also not fun on a trackpad.

Is there a browser that just goes "straight up 3G with no proxies"?
    07-27-10 07:13 PM
    Not that I know of. Welcome to the Blackberry world.
    07-27-10 07:16 PM
    Well, I've owned a Pearl and a Curve. I just thought with 3G I could finally enjoy using the internet but so far it still sucks cause fast 3G doesnt make a difference if slow servers are sending all your data.
    07-27-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD