So my new housing looks great, except the screen. But let me tell you it was totally not my fault. The tutorial posted on here by "vstang" insisted on using rubbing alcohol to clean the inside of the screen before putting it on. I did this, and it resulted in some gross fogging. I posted questions here, and on Yahoo Answers, and came to the conclusion that the fogging can not be undone. It can only be seen when the screen is off, but as you Berry addicts know, anything under the screen will drive you more crazy than anything. So I found this new LCD lens on eBay, and I want to buy it. I'm nervous though, because I doubt this part is OEM due the low price. I would pay more, but I only have $4.00 in my PayPal account. So what are your experiences with non-OEM parts? And by the way, I have no proof that the part is not OEM, I'm just assuming.
    05-14-09 06:39 PM
    Didn't you have an LCD issue before when you replaced it? If you try and replace this one, OEM or not, you're probably going to run into the same problem.

On another note, I don't like the idea of non-OEM parts for anything. With the exceptions of some parts for a car.
    05-14-09 06:50 PM
    Well, on my last phone it was because I did it wrong. Instead of unscrewing the housing, and taking it out, than putting the housing on over it, i just pulled it out. This one I know how to do right, and I am just pissed cause on my brand new screen, on my brand new green blackberry, there is fog cause someone told me to clean it that way in a tutorial they claimed was perfect.
    05-14-09 06:53 PM
    Getting pissed about it isn't going to solve anything. It is over and done with now. Non OEM parts don't usually fit exactly but can work just fine. I have a non OEM housing on my phone and it is fine. When I put my housing on, I cleaned the screen with alcohol with no ill results at all.

If you only have the money to buy the cheap one on ebay, buy it and take a chance or deal with the lens you messed up somehow.
    05-14-09 11:45 PM
    Getting pissed about it isn't going to solve anything. It is over and done with now. Non OEM parts don't usually fit exactly but can work just fine. I have a non OEM housing on my phone and it is fine. When I put my housing on, I cleaned the screen with alcohol with no ill results at all.

If you only have the money to buy the cheap one on ebay, buy it and take a chance or deal with the lens you messed up somehow.
    Rubbing alcohol caused fogging on cell phone screen! Help Please!? - Yahoo! Answers

basically, they said to never put alcohol on it, so maybe we had different situations. but i don't think my housing is OEM either now that I think of it, cause the inside of the battery door is white.
    05-15-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD