Nokia stages a multi-million dollar ad campaign to promote the launch of the Lumia 900. They have a website with a countdown timer. The timer indicates that it will hit zero on Saturday. The launch is actually on Sunday. The whole world is watching. They've generated serious buzz. And when Sunday (not Saturday) rolls around, most of the AT&T stores selling the phone are closed for Easter! How could people from Nokia, Microsoft, and/or AT&T not realize that they scheduled their US launch date for Easter - one of the very few hollidays left where stores are closed.

I've heard barely a peep from the media about this mis-step. But if RIM had launched anything on a holliday like that, they would have been slammed!
    04-12-12 01:08 AM
    Well nokia is backed by the powerful Microsoft. RIM needs a strong backer like amazon or samsung
    04-12-12 03:52 AM
    Don't see how Nokia pulled a RIM but I agree with your last sentence.

I have a feeling RIM may not do a huge marketing campaign. I'm sure there would be a lot of complaining here if don't, but it'll be that way no matter what they do.
    04-12-12 04:05 AM
    nokia have today annouced huge losses too. My source is the bbc news website, avaliable as an app on playbook i may add
    04-12-12 04:35 AM
    Don't see how Nokia pulled a RIM but I agree with your last sentence.

I have a feeling RIM may not do a huge marketing campaign. I'm sure there would be a lot of complaining here if don't, but it'll be that way no matter what they do.
    I agree, but for me it works just fine.
    04-12-12 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD