In my opinion this is nothing but desperate attempt to stop inevitable. I strongly feel that BB10 will be last nail in the coffin for Nokia. Nokia took easy way out from its problems by adopting W8. Nokia sales might be ok but I am sure nothing that they expected and need to survive. If Nokia cannot sell more now, I cannot imagine nokia selling more or even the same once BB10 is out. So Nokia is using its last resort by suing rim to prevent what eventually will happen anyways. Rim is more innovative and the company is working like a dog to bring BB10 to the market. Nokia is done. Even BGR had made the same conclusion.

RIM falls on Nokia patent dispute report

"Research In Motion shares are down again in the wake of reports that it has lost a round in a patent dispute with Nokia Corp.

The European cellphone giant has licensed some of its patented technology to the BlackBerry maker.

However, an arbitrator has ruled RIM breached their agreement and should be prevented from using certain technology unless it reaches a deal with Nokia.

Nokia says it's asking courts in Canada, the United Kingdom and United States to enforce the arbitrator's ruling.

Research In Motion says it won't comment on litigation before the courts.

RIM's shares dropped to as low as $10.15 early in the session Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange but recouped some of the loss to trade down nine cents, or 0.84 per cent, at 10.61 mid-morning."

source: RIM falls on Nokia patent dispute report - Technology & Science - CBC News
    Gerii likes this.
    11-29-12 01:07 PM
    Agree in that there sure seems to be a palatable buzz for BB as we get closer to launch....hope they nail the marketing aspect.
    11-29-12 01:59 PM
    I love when threads have funny titles like this
    bitek likes this.
    11-29-12 02:02 PM
    On another note its sounding like we wont be getting to license time warp camera from them further then the current contract lol
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    11-29-12 02:04 PM
    On another note its sounding like we wont be getting to license time warp camera from them further then the current contract lol
    Maybe there will be no need for it. Perhaps next year Nokia will bve one as selling its patents

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    11-29-12 04:28 PM
    Maybe there will be no need for it. Perhaps next year Nokia will bve one as selling its patents

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Ouch lol!!!
    11-29-12 04:38 PM