/FAIL

Read my .sig LOL
    04-23-10 07:40 AM
    My opinion is that some of you didn't read the article. Or, your reading comprehension is devoid. Or, you were just so eager to pile on, that you lost your mind in the frenzy.
    My opinion is that you didn't read the thread title.
    04-23-10 12:55 PM
    My opinion is that you didn't read the thread title.
    + 5000 could not agree more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 07:33 PM
    Geez, they'll let anyone into "tech" these days. I'm not sure that I would call downloading to a folder titled Downloads "random". It's almost like when I create a bookmark and it puts it in this random "bookmarks" folder. Strange, huh?

There was a point in time that the Apple App store had to be put on the iPhone and when it was, there was probably a legal agreement to Accept it. It was probably later bundled into an OS upgrade, like the BB App world is. What's the difference really?

I guess this was the closest to bad RIM PR some peeps could scrape up today.

One other mistake I saw on that blog - It's actually NOT going to be big...
    04-23-10 08:19 PM
    I've had windows mobile phones before, an iPhone, and an android phone. This is my first blackberry (I have the Curve 8530 on Sprint, and have had it for almost a month now)

It it BY FAR the hardest phone/operating system to get used to out of anything I've ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I love the phone.. now that i'm used to it. The learning curve (and i'm a total tech junky) was a lot longer than I had expected.

I can understand the frustrations with a new user, or someone who picks up their buddies phone and attempts to quickly show them a cool app that they have on their phone, and want to show their blackberry user friend.

For those of you that tend to disagree with this article, I have a feeling that it's because you've been with RIM and have used Blackberries for quite some time, so you feel extremely comfortable and familiar with the operating system. And when new operating system versions are available, it's just a tweaked version of something that you already know, but perhaps has a bit more eye candy.

To be completely honest, to a beginner, Blackberry's are not very user friendly. And like I mentioned earlier, I'm a total tech geek. This article has many valid points.
    Learning Curve? Wow...

This is my first BB... in fact, my first "smart phone". I've been on my 8330 for three months. The learning curve was pretty non-existent, everything's pretty straight forward.

What's so hard to figure out?
    04-23-10 08:52 PM
    Learning Curve? Wow...

This is my first BB... in fact, my first "smart phone". I've been on my 8330 for three months. The learning curve was pretty non-existent, everything's pretty straight forward.

Nothing. it was the UNlearning Curve of the former device that was hard.
    04-23-10 08:55 PM
    Learning Curve? Wow...

I agree. The 8330 was my first BlackBerry, first Smartphone at all for that matter, and I don't think there was anything confusing. I guess if you immediately wanted to change advanced options it might take a sec to find what you're looking for, but as far as normal use, it's pretty straightforward.
    04-23-10 10:22 PM
    lol x2... very well said.... I dont understand why people post an article about some guy who doesn't know how to use a Blackberry, and has hardly any common sense
    Consider the thread source.....

'nuff said.
    04-24-10 08:15 AM
    How many apps does the CB store have? How many does App World have?
    Last edited by killswitchX13; 04-24-10 at 08:39 AM.
    04-24-10 08:34 AM
    It never fails to be you, to say something like this, and then when I blast you, you always get hurt about it. Let's keep these silly remarks to a minimum so I don't always need to hurt your feelings. Stay on topic truckerdude it's not hard, it really isn't, mj made an opinionated statement your just being obnoxious and there is no need for it.
    Either you have a guilty complex or are looking for me to comment, I WAS REFERRING TO THE LINK YOU POSTED
    04-24-10 08:38 AM
    Android Market clears the 50,000 app mark, says AndroLib -- Engadget

iPhone leads with over 150,000.

BlackBerry has like 6,000.
    I think blackberry has about 8000 if I'm not mistaken maybe more by now, and now that you have brought this up I give it 10 min before someone yells but all iPhone and android apps are "fart apps for little kids"
    04-24-10 08:38 AM
    And I give it even less before lockdown and warnings or timeouts if the fighting and personal attacks don't stop.

Please, debate the topic and the products, not the poster.
    04-24-10 08:42 AM
    Maybe the Iphone lover in CrackberryBrandon should concern himself with the problems with that platforms app development.

Developers chafe under stricter iPhone specs
    http://news.iphoneworld.ca/inews/Developers+chafe+under+stricter+iPhone+specs:+Some +local+developers+are+concerned+about+Apple's+incr easingly+restrictive+policy+for+iPhone+application +development.+[Star+Tribune,+Minneapolis]
    04-24-10 08:45 AM
    Either you have a guilty complex or are looking for me to comment, I WAS REFERRING TO THE LINK YOU POSTED
    Just stay on topic as Branta has indicated don't degrade the threads man that's all I ask, you have a habit of doing that.
    04-24-10 08:45 AM
    Maybe the Iphone lover in CrackberryBrandon should concern himself with the problems with that platforms app development.

Developers chafe under stricter iPhone specs
    http://news.iphoneworld.ca/inews/Developers+chafe+under+stricter+iPhone+specs:+Some +local+developers+are+concerned+about+Apple's+incr easingly+restrictive+policy+for+iPhone+application +development.+[Star+Tribune,+Minneapolis]
    And what was the point in this post?
    04-24-10 08:48 AM
    Just stay on topic as Branta has indicated don't degrade the threads man that's all I ask, you have a habit of doing that.
    WHATEVER DUDE, I wasn't "off topic", just commenting on the post that you linked to in the OP, really need to figure out it isn't alway about YOU.
    04-24-10 08:52 AM
    WHATEVER DUDE, I wasn't "off topic", just commenting on the post that you linked to in the OP, really need to figure out it isn't alway about YOU.
    Ok whatever let's get back on topic man you've ranted long enough
    04-24-10 08:55 AM
    Seeing as how you want to take it down this road, here's your "off topic"

04-24-10 09:25 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD