My 9810 runs on BBOS7 and I've not done a battery pull since 22 July and that was because a particular app on the device wasn't working as intended. Now is that a fault of the OS or the app?
    I'm not sure - I just want my smartphone to work and not be a hassle to use. To me, BB7 was a major hassle to use, even more than Android (including pre-4.x Android). Other mobile operating systems, particularly iOS, WP7/WP8, and even BB PlayBook OS, weren't nearly as much a hassle to use.
    09-20-13 05:35 AM
    My 9810 runs on BBOS7 and I've not done a battery pull since 22 July and that was because a particular app on the device wasn't working as intended. Now is that a fault of the OS or the app?
    It is the fault of the OS. The OS is supposed to buffer against runaway or out of control apps. It is one if the main functions of a good OS - to keep control.
    09-20-13 06:03 AM
    Just stop selling them in the US.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Other countries aren't purchasing bb's in large volumes.
    richardat likes this.
    09-20-13 06:10 AM
    You might be suprised but there are actually a lot of people that care about their privacy and their device being secure.

Besides that the curve is a legacy device BB10 is a whole other ballgame.

It's fast, it performs extremely well the, way you operate the device is amazing.

The only thing holding back the sales is the unkowingless of the general public.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I would be surprised if it was the case. My evidence is obviously empirical but I believe outside of IT managers, government and those up to no good (see government I believe most don't care about security I'm not a conspiracy type but if we did care about security and privacy we wouldn't be so quick to use Facebook, phone apps etc that require us to give up all sorts of privileged information.

In regards to BB10, it needs some polish as it still isn't up to par with BBOS in some functionality. It is good but I don't think it's there yet. Yeah, it's a new OS, I know. 10.2 should have been released 7 mos ago as 10.0 as the original. They had two years or so to work on it. Hence, one of the reasons I feel under whelmed.

Which then brings up the perception issue. BlackBerry keeps shooting themselves in the foot whether it is their slow to act/adapt issue or arrogance, or their somewhat (argumentively) dated hardware. This draws the negative perception from the tech world and media. BlackBerry at the end of the day will make for a fascinating study whether they survive or disappear into obscurity.

Sorry , I'm not usually this lengthy.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-13 06:23 AM
    Stereotyping. Quite refreshing that it is now the domain of tech loyalists.
    No, no, he's right. Americans just chose it because it's big (uh...) and shiny.

Mind you, UK marketshare of ios grew much more in the last year than the marketshare in the US, or just about any other place....but that's because the Limey's are always just following the Americans, always a step or two behind. This of course causes resentment, and leads some to act out on the internet, but you really can't blame them, because if Coronation street has taught me anything, it's that the UK is a rather dreary place with not a lot to do. Which also explains the birthright worship of a family of buffoons - mind you, they live in big shiny palaces, with big shiny guards, and big shiny jewels and such.....
    09-20-13 06:26 AM
    I'm not sure - I just want my smartphone to work and not be a hassle to use. To me, BB7 was a major hassle to use, even more than Android (including pre-4.x Android). Other mobile operating systems, particularly iOS, WP7/WP8, and even BB PlayBook OS, weren't nearly as much a hassle to use.
    Haha, I couldn't agree more. I said those exact words to my wife last night. We're not big apps people but want a few particular ones (banking and such) and just want the process to work some what seamlessly. I can't say how much I loathe Apple and their overpriced hardware, but you know what....it works and works well for the average person. so much so that I said if she wanted to go to the dark side I would not blame her. I've looked and used WP8 and I think it will be viable at some point but isn't yet, not to mention they have the same app issues as BlackBerry. BTW, her Z10 went from the reboot issues to now freezing on a regular basis.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:39 AM
    No, no, he's right. Americans just chose it because it's big (uh...) and shiny.

Mind you, UK marketshare of ios grew much more in the last year than the marketshare in the US, or just about any other place....but that's because the Limey's are always just following the Americans, always a step or two behind. This of course causes resentment, and leads some to act out on the internet, but you really can't blame them, because if Coronation street has taught me anything, it's that the UK is a rather dreary place with not a lot to do. Which also explains the birthright worship of a family of buffoons - mind you, they live in big shiny palaces, with big shiny guards, and big shiny jewels and such.....
    Come now. The British are self made men who worship their creators, they follow no one.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:41 AM
    BBOS 7.1 is silky smooth on high-end Bolds. I will go BB 10 once it's out of beta (lol) and supports BIS.
    09-20-13 06:48 AM
    BBOS 7.1 is silky smooth on high-end Bolds. I will go BB 10 once it's out of beta (lol) and supports BIS.
    So you won't be going to BB10 you mean?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-13 06:53 AM
    I could not agree more to OP. It kind of hurt the feeling to see some companies gives out low end blackberry, and limited all functions except email and calls. The company customers are cheap. Then they came out with BOYD. RIM has no clue what is going on. They confused the employers with the employee. Wake up, Blackberry. The employers are not your friend. They just want to rip you off. The employee are your consumers.
    09-20-13 08:00 AM
    How about this? Stop selling ALL phones NOT using BB10!!!
    Take a page out of the Apple playbook and start controlling what is on the market!
    Don't flood the market with the CRAP you used to sell and start releasing the good stuff..
    I had an iPhone until my Z10...
    The Z10 is comparable to my iPhone (other than some apps that I was able to sideload).
    The UI is different but not so much that it has a long learning curve.
    Completely agree, OP!

"Hey customers! On this shelf, you can buy fresh, new BB10 which is lightyears ahead of our old BB7. Or...on this shelf...you can buy BB7."

Sounds convincing, eh? It doesn't make sense to sell BBOS as a lower end device to BB10 because it can't even remotely compete with other low end devices or BB10. The feature set and capabilities are completely different.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:17 AM
    Can you please explain in detail and with justification how BB10 is light years ahead, bearing in mind we are discussing mobile telephones. Thanks.
    09-20-13 08:24 AM
    Can you please explain in detail and with justification how BB10 is light years ahead, bearing in mind we are discussing mobile telephones. Thanks.
    Are you really holding me to the term "lightyears"? Cmon...it's just a phrase. And do I also have to explain why BB10 is more advanced? Isn't that a given?

If you use both, BB10 is far more intuitive and fluid than BBOS and it doesn't require a reboot every other day in order to keep the device "fresh". It doesn't require reboots when deleting apps and apps aren't stored on the device RAM. BB10 uses QNX instead of Java ME which has been used in devices in the past and has run its course and was pushed to its limits. QNX is also a monolithic kernel which is great for device stability.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:33 AM
63 123