avt, you get 3g on AT&T? Where can this be found?

My iPhone 3G.. Was just an iPhone.. lol

My brother has a BlackBerry Curve on AT&T, While my wife has a Curve on VZW, and needless to say the VZW curve blows out the other.

Lets stop making pretentious claims ok?

AND what WE'RE saying, if its that important to be connected to WiFi, I'd much rather do it on a PC.
    That's right, I can't find 3G. I find 3.5G. I get it EVERYWHERE I go in NY. Only sometimes do I ever see EDGE. Stop making pretentious claims? You keep thinking CDMA 3G is faster. I'm not the one living in denial. Why do you think Telus and Bell are going HSPA? Because CDMA is slower. Thanks for your input though.

VZW has better coverage, but they are NOT the faster network.

Lets not turn this into a carrier war, keep it about WiFi.
    07-04-09 03:25 PM
    in the end the argument comes down to this your needs are your needs but your needs are not everyone elses needs and sadly that will never change...

but I personally have never seen a good argument against having wi-fi no offense..

theres no purpose in limiting a device...

why limit it?

why have less features

there is no good argument for that now if the thing was going to be the size of a notebook thats a different story but size is not a issue you can tell by other models who that have wi-fi equipped..
    I agree. There is no good argument against wifi. One of my favorite quotes....

"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it"

- Bishop TD Jakes
    07-04-09 03:25 PM
    I would like to end this, as I leave with a nice comment to all of those who participated in this thread.

As the food cooks, the beer ice cold and the nice looking women in the pool(Did I just see a nip from my kitchen?!) - I say this.

I enjoy a nice debate, as long as things dont get personal so I hope I didn't offend anybody. I love you all and I wish the Americans a Happy 4th and everybody else, enjoy your freedom! Unless you in the UK.. no, no I joke!

Enjoy Noaim!

no offense here my man...

it takes alot to offend me and many people on this board can contest that I LOVE TO DEBATE!

sometimes people take it to personal but I don't mean ill intent and I always enjoy it

thanks for the 4th wishes!
    07-04-09 03:26 PM
    I guess some of you don't care about having wifi, which is fine with me. However, when I travel internationally what a great feature to have: push email and BBM free over wifi; plus web browsing (HotSpot & Opera) and BeejiveIM.
    It is just my opinion. If you still think not having wifi is ok, more power to you!
    Last edited by saristeg; 07-04-09 at 03:46 PM.
    07-04-09 03:28 PM
    That's right, I can't find 3G. The network is Horrible, Seeing that you Live in NY I understand how you would come across this assumption, and you're correct. AT&T has lackluster coverage. I'm sorry and will go hide in my hole now.
    Thank you for understanding.
    07-04-09 03:28 PM
    Thank you for understanding.
    Another Verizon fanboy. I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with AT&T, but that doesn't mean everyone else does. I'll enjoy my faster speeds, while you keep thinking Verizon is god.
    07-04-09 03:32 PM
    Another Verizon fanboy. I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with AT&T, but that doesn't mean everyone else does. I'll enjoy my faster speeds, while you keep thinking Verizon is god.
    I'm the fanboy? Calm down man. I'm joking around. Don't be so heavy on your feet. If you feel that strongly about AT&T, then run with it. Great! you're right! It's the best in the universe!
    07-04-09 03:33 PM
    I guess some of you don't care about having wifi, which is fine with me. However, when I travel internationally what a great feature to have: push email and BBM free over wifi.
    It is just my opinion. If you still think not having wifi is ok, more power to you!
    Another great reason. It makes your phone bill while traveling a lot less expensive.
    07-04-09 03:33 PM
    I'm the fanboy? Calm down man. I'm joking around. Don't be so heavy on your feet. If you feel that strongly about AT&T, then run with it. Great! you're right! It's the best in the universe!
    I'm sorry, I just do not like when someone quotes me and doesn't use what I actually said. Also, it is hard to tell a joke on the internet, I can't hear you laughing in the background.

I also don't think they are the best in the universe, just my area.
    07-04-09 03:36 PM
    I'm sorry, I just do not like when someone quotes me and doesn't use what I actually said. Also, it is hard to tell a joke on the internet, I can't hear you laughing in the background.

I also don't think they are the best in the universe, just my area.
    LOL good enough for me, enjoy the 4th!
    Best wishes
    07-04-09 03:37 PM
    LOL good enough for me, enjoy the 4th!
    Best wishes
    Same to you! It's almost time for me to get hammered.
    07-04-09 03:40 PM
    Wifi would be sweet, but its by no means a deal breaker. Lots of doped calls by AT&T in the area. verizon has been great for me, i'll grab the tour and use it for a year or two till a verizon wifi qwerty blackberry shows up.
    07-04-09 03:52 PM
    I am going to repeat what civic said..

or at least come close because I believe the same thing

you guys need to quit thinking of wi-fi as a speed thing its about connectivity..

as much as you and anyone else can love there cell network there is still places that have no signal..

its about connectivity

1. on a airplane
    2. in a basement
    3. some apps require wi-fi to even work
    4. remote controlling a pc on a network not over a cell network and without using vpn (current cell networks are no where near fast enough for this anyway)
    5. when traveling over seas..
    ^+1

Its not a deal breaker for me but I want wifi on my future devices.
    07-04-09 04:17 PM
    Ok so again to stay on topic, no wifi does equal no big deal because of it did you wouldn't be craving to get the Tour. If it was that big a deal you'd get a winmo device, but you don't want that because of the web os. Ok, get an iPhone. But you don't like the lack of features. Simply put no phone has everything. Start with the basics and go from there. There are some wifi enabled phones but more that are without. I know it's pick your poison for everyone but in my humble opinion wifi isn't that big a deal and it shouldn't be for you soon to be Tour owners.
    07-04-09 05:01 PM
    My last phone had WiFi and I never used it. I think the data speeds with Sprint are acceptible enough to live without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 05:01 PM
    Most of the lag from the page displaying is from the phone loading the lage, not the actual connection.

However the connectivity point I have to agree with. When your in the basement of a building, have no signal, then yea. Thats the problem.
    07-04-09 05:33 PM
    Guys,

I keep reading all these threats about the Tour missing WiFi.

I was just playing with my Onyx connected to my Wifi network and with the Tour at the same time, and let me tell you... When browsing, the difference is almost nothing...

I can't speak for any other networks, because I have Verizon, but VERIZON is amazingly fast.

So, if you are in between the TOUR and the ONYX only becuase of the WiFi, I would recommend you to just buy the phone you like looking at the most

They are both great phones. And I really hope this helps.
    The point you're missing, is that you might not always have cell coverage. What if you're in an airplane for 5-12 hours, and could jump on wifi over your BB and still send and receive emails like you're sitting on the runway? Pretty cool, huh? For everyday use, it might not be that critical, but I can definitely see a need for it, and I wish the Tour had it...especially where it is meant to be a world phone for travel.
    07-04-09 05:45 PM
    Simply put no phone has everything.
    The Bold does. I kid (kinda), but the Tour is going to be a great device even without WiFi. You CDMA BB users are use to not having it anyways. That will all change soon enough.
    07-04-09 06:03 PM
    The Bold does. I kid (kinda), but the Tour is going to be a great device even without WiFi. You CDMA BB users are use to not having it anyways. That will all change soon enough.
    Exactly. CDMA users are used to not having wifi on blackberries so they wouldn't know how convenient it is when your data signal is weak and there's a wifi netwok available that you can connect to. When I was with VZW I didn't mind not have Wifi because I didn't have devices before that had Wifi. But when I switched and had the Bold and iPhone, it was very convenient to have Wifi. No Wifi would not be a deal breaker for me, but it's a shame that carriers still limit device in one way or another especially when certain features should be standard especially on a BUSINESS device.
    07-04-09 06:26 PM
    in a few months time future vzw blackberries will not only have wifi, but maybe 4g, more app memory, and come standard with improved os. that's worth waiting for.
    07-04-09 09:56 PM
    Guys!!!

So sorry I bolted out of here after posting and haven't replied to anything.

We are all right and wrong, but all I wanted to say is... if you have service on your phone, which that's why its a phone, then you shouldn't be worried about not having WiFi on the Tour, because its really fast (at least with Verizon).

I do understand the lack of Wifi on planes, but if you are a real business user, 99% of the chances are, you own a laptop. And if you are not, nothing wrong with it, buy a portable video game to keep yourself busy

Happy 4th of July everyone!
    07-04-09 11:29 PM
    It really comes down to network 3G coverage ,Maybe Sprint & Verizon kick wifi to curve due having better coverage then Att
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-05-09 at 12:11 AM.
    07-05-09 12:00 AM
    Ok so again to stay on topic, no wifi does equal no big deal because of it did you wouldn't be craving to get the Tour. If it was that big a deal you'd get a winmo device, but you don't want that because of the web os. Ok, get an iPhone. But you don't like the lack of features. Simply put no phone has everything. Start with the basics and go from there. There are some wifi enabled phones but more that are without. I know it's pick your poison for everyone but in my humble opinion wifi isn't that big a deal and it shouldn't be for you soon to be Tour owners.

just because we crave a device doesn't mean that said device not having it is no big deal...

everyones argument is that they can just take a notebook thats just it..

people are coming close to fully replacing notebooks with there phones..

as sad as it may sound its more of a connectivity thing then anything and if you don't need/want or care about it no sweat off my back..

but I dont need GPS either so I think all phones should remove it because I use a seperate unit for that.. and while your att it no more camera phones I never take a picture with my phone I think its a security risk for anyone to own it because they sneak pictures of my credit cards with them...

I also don't install very many applications on my phone so no phones should have any of those either..

see my point?

your needs are no where close to anyone elses needs.. as my needs arent close to others..

why limit it
    07-05-09 01:21 AM
    I agree i could care less about WiFi. I have a MacBook when in need something faster.

I have to say I agree with that one.
    07-05-09 01:40 AM
    I am going to repeat what civic said..

or at least come close because I believe the same thing

you guys need to quit thinking of wi-fi as a speed thing its about connectivity..

as much as you and anyone else can love there cell network there is still places that have no signal..

its about connectivity

1. on a airplane
    2. in a basement
    3. some apps require wi-fi to even work
    4. remote controlling a pc on a network not over a cell network and without using vpn (current cell networks are no where near fast enough for this anyway)
    5. when traveling over seas..
    +1

Thank you!

Its not about speed but connectivity. I just left Sprint. Why, no service in my apartment. My Tmobile service is weak as well. But guess what, installing my wireless router gives me my own tower in my apartment now.
    07-05-09 06:53 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD