I just installed 7.1 but I don't have the WiFi hotspot option? What did I do wrong? I'm on T-Mobile Netherlands by the way.
    01-16-12 01:27 PM
    Your not the only one with that issue. Apparently there is provision for allowing your carrier to block the WiFi Hotspot which really annoys me. I don't see it on my phone either and with what I've heard that's the conclusion I come to.
    01-16-12 02:22 PM
    This will be the second time that I have installed 7.1 and this is the first time this crap happens to me. On the previous leak it worked like a charm.

I don't think my carrier will disable the feature because it uses carrier data which is charged for. I have hotspot with my S 2 on the same carrier so I find it strange that they would disable the BlackBerry hotspot.
    01-16-12 04:09 PM
    It would be strange if they block the feature. I have a 1 gb data subscription and it would be up to me how I use this right?
    01-17-12 07:55 AM
    Think i read somewhere that the bluetooth is what enables wi-fi hotspot ability.
    01-17-12 08:52 AM
    My carrier has blocked it for some reason. The only way to make it work now is to install the OS with another carrier sim and continue to use it as the minute the original sim is inserted and the service books are sent it will disappear again until the carrier actually allows it.
    01-17-12 01:41 PM
    Just talked with Verizon Rep...apparently 7.1 has the ability to tether up to 5 devices for Internet access ...the price is $20 monthly for 2 gigs of data.
    01-17-12 02:03 PM
    If your carrier allows tethering, then you might be able to make it work. Just check the tethering connection details and copy that into your hotspot settings. It worked for me. =)
    01-17-12 02:14 PM
    Meh wierd, I also fall into a similar catagory, I dont have the "Update Phone or OS" icon or anything in my options menu (computer updating is my only choice).
    01-17-12 08:04 PM
    Your not the only one with that issue. Apparently there is provision for allowing your carrier to block the WiFi Hotspot which really annoys me. I don't see it on my phone either and with what I've heard that's the conclusion I come to.
    In this regard I've been super happy with Telus. They just... include it. Tethering, wi-fi hotspot.
    01-17-12 11:17 PM
    My carrier allows tethering but has for some reason blocked hot spot on the BlackBerry's only through service books. On the same carrier I use the hotspot quite often on my S 2.

They might have blocked it until testing of 7.1 is complete.
    01-18-12 02:42 AM
    My battery was empty yesterday so I charged it and switched the phone on... And there it was! The Mobile Hotspot feature?!
    01-25-12 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD