please tell me this isn't some elaborate joke, i haven't read the whole thread, but apparently from what im getting from reading through a few things is that SUPER BLING said that from a reliable source that there is wifi, rumor was and Boy Genious said that there is no wifi, and u guys kept confronting SUPER BLING about how there is no wifi. and now it turns out that there is going to be wifi? please tell me im not dreaming because if there is wifi, i think i just may crap my pants (no just kidding but seriously)
    10-07-08 11:10 AM
    Oh, and in case this one is still up in the air, the 9500 will have WiFi.
    Yeah, but that doesn't get Super Bling off the hook. He has specified that the Verizon 9530 will have WiFi.
    10-07-08 11:22 AM
    I for one would LOVE it if it had Wifi! But, if it doesn't, then it won't be a dealbreaker. I hope Superbling is right and it has it, but only time will tell...
    No need to bash him though.
    10-07-08 11:27 AM
    9500 delcared to have WiFi by Kevin on front page of CB! Pretty much made my day. Not that I need WiFi but rather it's really something I wanted to play around with. And great job on the info Kevin!
    10-07-08 11:29 AM
    No need to bash him though.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    10-07-08 11:29 AM
    9500 delcared to have WiFi by Kevin on front page of CB! Pretty much made my day. Not that I need WiFi but rather it's really something I wanted to play around with. And great job on the info Kevin!
    i went and done it... officially crapped my pants.

do you think this is for the 9500 series or just the 9500 because the 9530 potentially might not
    10-07-08 11:34 AM
    Yeah, but that doesn't get Super Bling off the hook. He has specified that the Verizon 9530 will have WiFi.
    eh, somewhere in the middle of this thread he retracted and said ONE of the versions of this phone will have wifi... so no guarantee he is guaranteeing the 9530 will have it.

on edit: on page 6, SUPER BLING Says:
    I am telling you that 1 of the storms versions does have WIFI, only makes sense for all the storms to be the same but you never know!
    Last edited by toastyz71; 10-07-08 at 11:39 AM.
    10-07-08 11:37 AM
    Don't know on the 9530. It appears that Vodafone is realeasing first. Guess we'll find out tomorrow...
    10-07-08 11:41 AM
    i have a feeling verizon is planning something very stupid as we speak
    10-07-08 11:42 AM
    x2 on that NFL
    10-07-08 11:44 AM
    eh, somewhere in the middle of this thread he retracted and said ONE of the versions of this phone will have wifi... so no guarantee he is guaranteeing the 9530 will have it.

on edit: on page 6, SUPER BLING Says:

Thanks for posting that, I didn't want to make this more complicated by going back and adding that but if anyone reads the whole thread it will make much more sense.

smaxpower13, tratman103 appreciate your posts you guy's are obviously mature.

Not sure what all the anger and hostility was for maybe just because I have never proved anything before?!?!? Anyway, I'll probably keep to myself next time I hear something solid, as I said before the main reason for posting this was to put the people at ease that are really waiting for this phone and wifi being an issue for them.
    10-07-08 11:52 AM
    Questions still remains regarding WiFi on the 9530. Hopefully we'll find out more tomorrow and finally put this WiFi thing to rest. Damn NDAs or CX could have told us!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 11:52 AM
    You guy`s will think Im crazy but I`m bringing this back up to tell you..... THIS HAS WIFI BOTH 9530 and 9500, I double confirmed this with some friends at RIM.

Anyway, you will praise me when you all realize I`m right. So people worrying about WIFI do not, IT HAS IT!
    Thanks for posting that, I didn't want to make this more complicated by going back and adding that but if anyone reads the whole thread it will make much more sense.
    @Super Bling
    Wait, so did your sources confirm the 9500 AND 9530 would have WiFi?
    10-07-08 12:40 PM
    @Super Bling
    Wait, so did your sources confirm the 9500 AND 9530 would have WiFi?
    perhaps they meant that it is CAPABLE of it...
    10-07-08 12:52 PM
    The article that came out for Times states that the 9530 has WiFi
    10-07-08 01:31 PM
    Dailytech has an article about the Times article. Nothing new though. I would link, but I don't have enough posts yet apparently.
    10-07-08 02:27 PM
    I saw that too!
    The Storm is expected to run on Verizon's 3G network and also support wi-fi
    10-07-08 02:28 PM
    Here's the link to the Time article, as posted by another user:

ffff://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1847791,00.html
    10-07-08 02:29 PM
    Unfortuantely the TIME article seems to be a regurgitation of what people on this and other site have said. Also expected doesn't mean that it will, just that someone expects it to. Won't know until the anouncement for sure.
    10-07-08 02:41 PM

smaxpower13, tratman103 appreciate your posts you guy's are obviously mature.

Not sure what all the anger and hostility was for maybe just because I have never proved anything before?!?!? Anyway, I'll probably keep to myself next time I hear something solid, as I said before the main reason for posting this was to put the people at ease that are really waiting for this phone and wifi being an issue for them.
    Dude I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and I really really have to give you props for sticking to your guns the way you did!

To those who want to pick at the whether he said all models or just one etc, seriously you have to give him some credit.

Now I'm definitely getting this! I hope the 9500 is the model coming to Canada!
    10-07-08 02:41 PM
    Frontpage now states VZW 9530 will not have WiFi.
    10-07-08 03:09 PM
    Now I'm definitely getting this! I hope the 9500 is the model coming to Canada![/QUOTE]

Yes!! When is it coming to Canada and who's carrying it?? I'm hoping Telus since they've already been rumoured to and I'm with them! I also had a friend at Rogers say that they're coming out with it later this year. No dates were said though.

Keeping my ear to frozen tundra and hoping I hear something about it hitting the great white north soon!
    10-07-08 04:02 PM
    Frontpage now states VZW 9530 will not have WiFi.
    Big surprise there...
    10-07-08 04:05 PM
    Now I'm definitely getting this! I hope the 9500 is the model coming to Canada!
    Yes!! When is it coming to Canada and who's carrying it?? I'm hoping Telus since they've already been rumoured to and I'm with them! I also had a friend at Rogers say that they're coming out with it later this year. No dates were said though.

Keeping my ear to frozen tundra and hoping I hear something about it hitting the great white north soon![/QUOTE]Yes it's coming to Canada. Telus and Rogers is the rumor.

Big surprise there...
    Doesn't matter either way. Trust me.
    10-07-08 04:08 PM
    SUPERBLING- Very dumb comment. I'm not bashing you. You have nothing for me to bash. I mean your an ***** but I don't bash idiots. Look the Times article is on crack and so are you superbling. I talked to a verizon rep that knew a lot about the storm and he agrees with me that wifi on the storm isn't happening. No blackberries on Vzw have Wi-Fi and they never will.Your just some dumb person that heard from a friend that you really trust, because you think he knows, that it has wi-fi so you've got to believe him. Your wrong man. I bet you anything when that full review comes out or when Kevin gets his hands on one (if its a 9530) and it doesn't have wi-fi, your going to dissappear from these or any forums you've posted this in cause you know ppl will really bash you then. Kevin even said it 9500 has Wi-fi 9530 DOES NOT. You calling Kevin, the master of Crackberries, a liar? Huh Super bling? Who cares anyways verizons a horrible company like saddamm compared to george bush and the queen of england.
    10-07-08 04:18 PM
312 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD