This post is for BOYGENIUS where he say's this device has no wifi.

Remember this thread as it is to show you how good crackberry posters are **THIS DEVICE DOES HAVE WIFI** BOYGENIUS IS WRONG for even posting it has no wifi.

So crackberry posters that want confirmation, I'm confirming this 100% right now. Mark this thread so you can refer to it at a later date when your on this device using wifi.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 09-05-08 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Keeping it Friendly
    08-28-08 03:01 PM

Remember this thread as it is to show you how good crackberry posters are **THIS DEVICE DOES HAVE WIFI** BOYGENIUS IS WRONG and pethatic for even posting it has no wifi.

So crackberry posters that want confirmation, I'm confirming this 100% right now. Mark this thread so you can refer to it at a later date when your on this device using wifi.

Thanks.

easy there turbo how about you give a link directing me that way and how about you give someone the benefit of a doubt before you go bashing them. not everyone can be right the first time.
    08-28-08 03:17 PM
    but does the Verizon version have Wi-fi or is it just the gsm versions that have it? none of the blackberrys on veizon have wi-fi so this is why i ask

08-28-08 03:18 PM
    The Boy Genius Report is one of the most accurate sites around.
    The site said, "If we read the box correctly, it seems as if there is an 8GB microSD card pre-installed (totally weak in our opinion), a 3.5mm headset jack, pre-installed SIM card, and no Wi-Fi." in reference to a packaging render leaked by Engadget. So before you go popping off at the mouth and attacking some ones very reputable reputation, how about actually reading what they said!

link BlackBerry Storm 9530 is BlackBerry Thunder, BlackBerry Thunder is BlackBerry Storm, for realz : Boy Genius Report
    08-28-08 03:18 PM
    I'm glad someone could get the link. and im with you i believe him 99% percent of the time. It looks like someone just spot read through something then popped off before they really knew what they were talking about
    08-28-08 03:25 PM
    easy there turbo how about you give a link directing me that way and how about you give someone the benefit of a doubt before you go bashing them. not everyone can be right the first time.
    Information like this cannot be obtained through a link, it just can't be done. When statements like this come out you either choose to believe the source or not.

The Boy Genius Report is one of the most accurate sites around.
    The site said, "If we read the box correctly, it seems as if there is an 8GB microSD card pre-installed (totally weak in our opinion), a 3.5mm headset jack, pre-installed SIM card, and no Wi-Fi." in reference to a packaging render leaked by Engadget. So before you go popping off at the mouth and attacking some ones very reputable reputation, how about actually reading what they said!

link BlackBerry Storm 9530 is BlackBerry Thunder, BlackBerry Thunder is BlackBerry Storm, for realz : Boy Genius Report
    As far as BG, I'm not sure if he's said in the past anything about wifi or not. He is credible, but he also isn't always right. In fact, he's wrong a lot of the time. But i do get what you're saying he said according to the box.
    As far as this device having wifi, I cannot say. But I'm sure people are hoping you're correct SB.
    08-28-08 03:29 PM

Remember this thread as it is to show you how good crackberry posters are **THIS DEVICE DOES HAVE WIFI** BOYGENIUS IS WRONG and pethatic for even posting it has no wifi.

Umm ya right..... how do you come up with your research????

Calling him out... care to maybe send him a email.... I would like to hear what he says.
    08-28-08 03:30 PM
    ok, but just because it doesn't say it on the box doesn't mean its not included. it doesn't say it has a camera either on the box but its confirmed to have a 3.2 megapixel cam.

08-28-08 03:33 PM
    Umm ya right..... how do you come up with your research????
    Calling him out... care to maybe send him a email.... I would like to hear what he says.
    exactly here's the address -Boy Genius: [email protected]

like I said in another thread its more likely there will be a model with and without wi-fi. Just like the pearl and curve.
    08-28-08 03:37 PM
    I don't understand all this no WIFI stuff just because the "INCLUDED IN BOX" list doesn't say. That list wouldn't say it, or any other feature like that. Its the "Included Accessory" list. Come people, a little sense.
    08-28-08 03:42 PM
    Is it usual for a retail box to have the specification and capability listings of a phone? None is listed on box in pic, other than package contents. Sorry for dumb question.
    Edit: not sorry for question : )
    Last edited by sgtmilstack; 08-28-08 at 03:46 PM.
    08-28-08 03:42 PM
    Is it usual for a retail box to have the specification and capability listings of a phone? None is listed on box in pic, other than package contents. Sorry for dumb question.
    Edit: not sorry for question : )
    It actually it usual. I'm not sure why it isn't on this render. Maybe stuff isn't final yet or maybe this is a really old render. We'll just have to wait and see.
    08-28-08 03:48 PM
    [QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;662268]Information like this cannot be obtained through a link, it just can't be done. When statements like this come out you either choose to believe the source or not.

yea i guess i should have been a little more specific about that, i meant the link to were bg said that. my bad
    08-28-08 03:49 PM
    It actually it usual. I'm not sure why it isn't on this render. Maybe stuff isn't final yet or maybe this is a really old render. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Or maybe the box picture is some cheap mock up with no validity?
    08-28-08 03:53 PM
    Here is the link to the original BGR Thunder/Storm Leak BlackBerry Thunder, the touchscreen BlackBerry we’ve all been waiting for : Boy Genius Report You'll see the word wi-fi is never mentioned nor speculated upon. Wi-fi is not even the issue here to me. It's the OP trying to inflame others (shame on me for letting him pi$$ me off, I've seen enough of the type on forums) with venom and misinformation!
    08-28-08 03:54 PM
    Thanx. Wait and see for sure.

08-28-08 03:56 PM
    Information like this cannot be obtained through a link, it just can't be done. When statements like this come out you either choose to believe the source or not.

As far as BG, I'm not sure if he's said in the past anything about wifi or not. He is credible, but he also isn't always right. In fact, he's wrong a lot of the time. But i do get what you're saying he said according to the box.
    As far as this device having wifi, I cannot say. But I'm sure people are hoping you're correct SB.

I know you cannot say but I also know that you know I'm correct! ! ! !

As for BOYGENIUS he has been wrong alot of the times and as a mobile guru he should not say it seems like this device does not have WIFI cause that is 100% wrong.
    08-28-08 04:13 PM
    Look at the box it is missing the side with the device specs. The one on the inside under the flap with the esn,sku s barcodes.
    08-28-08 04:20 PM
    As for BOYGENIUS he has been wrong alot of the times and as a mobile guru he should not say it seems like this device does not have WIFI cause that is 100% wrong.
    That's my point He DIDN'T SAY IT HAS NO WI_FI! YOU DID!
    08-28-08 04:23 PM
    He simply read a box leaked by Engadget.
    08-28-08 04:24 PM
    That's my point He DIDN'T SAY IT HAS NO WI_FI! YOU DID!

Directly from BOYGENIUS - If we read the box correctly, it seems as if there is an 8GB microSD card pre-installed (totally weak in our opinion), a 3.5mm headset jack, pre-installed SIM card, and no Wi-Fi.

Oh, does that say no wifi...? Anyway he cuts up the 8GB micro sd and blackberry because this fool cannot get any scoops on the thunder anymore.
    08-28-08 04:28 PM
    Who give a RATS A$$ about the original post from him , he say's no WIFI from the indications and a 8GB micro sd which is week??? Please, they have (and it will be released soon) a 32GB Micro SDHC card, just google 32gb micro sdhc and you will see the technology is already been done. Expandable memory is the best and does not limit the user to buy a new phone for more memory. BOYGENIUS has been wrong alot of the times, and look at his original leaked photo? Really looks the same as the photo on the box??? WOW he is the best, gimme a break.

Alot of posters on this board know alot more then BOYGENIUS about this device and I'm not talking about me.
    Now as you change the subject to sd memory (which I know full well how it works, no need to explain it to me thanks) It's weak because your forced to pay for an outdated 8g card that you can get for next to nothing on amazon, and most people already have one! No thanks, knock fifty off and keep the card.
    08-28-08 04:30 PM
    Directly from BOYGENIUS - If we read the box correctly, it seems as if there is an 8GB microSD card pre-installed (totally weak in our opinion), a 3.5mm headset jack, pre-installed SIM card, and no Wi-Fi.

Oh, does that say no wifi...? Anyway he cuts up the 8GB micro sd and blackberry because this fool cannot get any scoops on the thunder anymore.

Key words in that sentence are IT SEEMS. Sounds like an Assumption to me. Thank you for proving my point.
    08-28-08 04:32 PM
    You clearly don't care and violated these, which you seemed to have missed the memo!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    08-28-08 04:56 PM
    ok, so the thunder has wi-fi. what about the storm?

08-28-08 05:10 PM
312 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD