I'm the new super bling! You read it here first! You are all wrong! The storm will be released at 9am in a "pink only" edition from VZ. Save this post cause I will prove to the world that I'm in "the know" but on the bright side, Kevin knows somebody who will paint it for ya!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 09:45 PM
    Scratch that. My sources are telling me its going to virgin mobile.....wait.....tracphone......oh, and its in magenta not pink.

10-07-08 09:49 PM
    Again I'm sticking with no WiFi on the Storm. Like someone said earlier, they are saving it for the Storm 2.

No facts here just a gut feeling.

The storm TWO!? Oh sheesh. They haven't even released the storm ONE yet!

10-07-08 09:51 PM
    Again I'm sticking with no WiFi on the Storm. Like someone said earlier, they are saving it for the Storm 2.

No facts here just a gut feeling.

lol at the pace rim is going the storm2 would be released in 2011.

for rim to save wifi for the next version when it could have easily been included this time would be dumb, and would be akin to apple saving copy/paste or mms for the iphone3. they most likely have compelling engineering reasons not to include it like excessive battery drain etc. or possibly they are getting pressure from vzw because they dont want people buying the voda or telus/rogers versions simply because they have wifi.
    10-07-08 10:02 PM
    Personally jenaywins, I'm holding out for the storm 12. Don't hate, I have the foresight to wait for the "makes decisions for you" app.

10-07-08 10:02 PM
    Guess the wifi debate is over--> Touch Phone - BlackBerry Storm Specs
    10-07-08 11:21 PM
    Guess the wifi debate is over--> Touch Phone - BlackBerry Storm Specs
    Thank God! This debate has been a mess of garbage and speculation!
    10-07-08 11:35 PM
    Utter disappointment. We now know that (1) Super Bling is full of BS and (2) RIM has fallen behind in technology about as fast as their stock.
    10-08-08 12:02 AM
    Stick a fork in this thread Kev!
    done!

10-08-08 02:12 AM
    Still one thing I dont get. As RIM only posted one set of Specs, do both the 9500 and 9530 have the same radio chipsets?
    10-08-08 03:09 AM
    Well Super Bling...what do you have to say for yourself?

...ok, now go to your room and think about what you've done.
    10-08-08 09:46 AM
    Still one thing I dont get. As RIM only posted one set of Specs, do both the 9500 and 9530 have the same radio chipsets?
    That's the way I read it....
    10-08-08 09:57 AM
    Utter disappointment. We now know that (1) Super Bling is full of BS and (2) RIM has fallen behind in technology about as fast as their stock.
    You act as if you are surprised that Super Bling was full of it, number one. Number two, how in the h*ll did RIM fall behind in technology? Explain that one to me, would you? No one is forcing you to own a RIM product, and if you feel that strongly, go out and buy an iPhone.

Oh, and a side note, where are you now, Super Bling???
    10-08-08 10:03 AM
    You act as if you are surprised that Super Bling was full of it, number one. Number two, how in the h*ll did RIM fall behind in technology? Explain that one to me, would you? No one is forcing you to own a RIM product, and if you feel that strongly, go out and buy an iPhone.

Oh, and a side note, where are you now, Super Bling???
    They are not behind but the omission of Wi-Fi was a mistake,people like me sometimes work in buildings where cellular signal is bad in certain areas with available wifi.
    10-08-08 10:07 AM
    I don't understand why everybody is wining about the storm not having wifi. I (ME) personally don't see it affecting my decision whether on buying the phone or not. First off you can't get wifi everywhere you go. I've seen my friend's iphone with wifi connected to my router. It wasn't any faster than me using my Verizon browser.
    10-08-08 10:08 AM
    As I said way back in the begging of this debacle. I feel confident there will be a latter model with wifi. Just as with the Pearl and Curve. Verizon has never been a fan of wifi and only Tmobile supports UMA.

This ofcoarse does not make Super Dud any less full of BS!

10-08-08 10:16 AM
    They are not behind but the omission of Wi-Fi was a mistake,people like me sometimes work in buildings where cellular signal is bad in certain areas with available wifi.
    Constructive comments like this I can handle.

Your point is very valid. Fortunately for me, Verizon has amazing coverage at home, in the office, at the mall, and anywhere else I frequent. However, I do acknowledge the fact that others aren't as lucky as I am, and Wifi would have been an added bonus to this device. I just wouldn't say this is a make-or-break deal for the Storm - just would have been nice.
    10-08-08 10:17 AM
    As for the RIM nay sayers. This was most likely Verizons decision. Do they even offer any wifi capable devices?

10-08-08 10:19 AM
    As for the RIM nay sayers. This was most likely Verizons decision. Do they even offer any wifi capable devices?

I believe there are a couple devices, yes... But I could be wrong. I just remember hearing that somewhere.... Hmm.

But yes, you are most likely correct. Verizon does have a track recourd of disabling certain things..
    10-08-08 10:29 AM
    I believe there are a couple devices, yes... But I could be wrong. I just remember hearing that somewhere.... Hmm.

But yes, you are most likely correct. Verizon does have a track recourd of disabling certain things..
    If VZW did not want wifi and rim intended to put wifi in this gen of the device then vod would have it in theirs. Wifi is HUGE in europe so if it was an option then it would be in the 9500.

The iphone did not have gps in the first gen but it was in gen 2 to get the bleeding edge folks to buy another device. I think RIM is doing the same thing here. They will put out a gen 2 with wifi in the next 12 - 24 months is my prediction.
    10-08-08 10:35 AM
    Constructive comments like this I can handle.

Your point is very valid. Fortunately for me, Verizon has amazing coverage at home, in the office, at the mall, and anywhere else I frequent. However, I do acknowledge the fact that others aren't as lucky as I am, and Wifi would have been an added bonus to this device. I just wouldn't say this is a make-or-break deal for the Storm - just would have been nice.
    I agree with you 100% and it isn't a deal breaker for me either but I'm a little disappointed. On the other hand if a newer model comes out later on with it I will certainly upgrade and sell the old.
    10-08-08 10:36 AM
    I agree with you 100% and it isn't a deal breaker for me either but I'm a little disappointed. On the other hand if a newer model comes out later on with it I will certainly upgrade and sell the old.
    ... Which may just be part of RIM's marketing strategy.
    10-08-08 10:37 AM
    I don't understand why everybody is wining about the storm not having wifi. I (ME) personally don't see it affecting my decision whether on buying the phone or not. First off you can't get wifi everywhere you go. I've seen my friend's iphone with wifi connected to my router. It wasn't any faster than me using my Verizon browser.
    This I don't believe unless your router was wireless B sorry.
    Last edited by Leo J; 10-08-08 at 10:54 AM.
    10-08-08 10:38 AM

Yes, they do. The XV 6800, the XV 6700, the Samsung SCH-i760 all have wi-fi. And according to some leaked RIM info, there's supposed to be a new RIM device called the Niagra for VZW that supposidly has wi-fi....
    10-08-08 10:40 AM

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE.

when will everybody stop and realize that Verizon doesnt make these kind of decisions when it comes to leaving out handset features like this (especially in the case of blackberries) ???? (i didnt say locking out, i said leaving out)

AGAIN has anyone EVER seen ANY CDMA capable blackberry with WIFI? NO. not on ANY network, not just Verizon.
    10-08-08 10:40 AM
312 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD