Ok, wait until it comes out you will see I'm right. I know this has WIFI as I heard it directly from two people at RIM. Boygenius posted that he was right it does not have WIFI again but I'm telling you don't worry IT HAS IT FOR SURE!
    09-15-08 09:54 PM
    Ok, wait until it comes out you will see I'm right. I know this has WIFI as I heard it directly from two people at RIM. Boygenius posted that he was right it does not have WIFI again but I'm telling you don't worry IT HAS IT FOR SURE!
    So you are referring to the 9530 and not just the 9500?

I sure hope you're right
    09-15-08 09:55 PM
    I'm hoping you're right SB, it would be the perfect device.

EDIT - it'd be hilarious if Verizon requested a version without WiFI and the rest of the world got the 9500 with WiFi. That's crazy enough that Verizon would do something like that. Lock it down!
    09-15-08 09:55 PM
    I was told all of the devices carry WIFI unless something changed in the past 3 weeks. Unless Verizon made a huge fuss to lock it up on their devices it should be fine.

They are competing with the Iphone bigtime and want to "crush the competition" so if they totally killed the WIFI in the past few weeks I would be amazed.
    09-15-08 10:00 PM
    I was told all of the devices carry WIFI unless something changed in the past 3 weeks. Unless Verizon made a huge fuss to lock it up on their devices it should be fine.

They are competing with the Iphone bigtime and want to "crush the competition" so if they totally killed the WIFI in the past few weeks I would be amazed.
    09-15-08 10:06 PM

Yeah SB, I agree, the WIFI kill by Verizion would be a big mistake. I hope that it is still on there in the end.
    09-15-08 10:07 PM
    I'm hoping you're right SB, it would be the perfect device.

EDIT - it'd be hilarious if Verizon requested a version without WiFI and the rest of the world got the 9500 with WiFi. That's crazy enough that Verizon would do something like that. Lock it down!
    Verizon never had anything to do with the WiFi being kept off the existing range of Blackberry's. The CDMA chip that RIM used did not include WiFi, it's why all CDMA Blackberry's didn't have it, including Sprint and Alltel.

The new chips do offer CDMA and WiFi which is apparant with the new smartphone offerings coming out with WiFi. I'm just hoping RIM chose to use that chip set.
    09-15-08 10:07 PM
    Verizon never had anything to do with the WiFi being kept off the existing range of Blackberry's. The CDMA chip that RIM used did not include WiFi, it's why all CDMA Blackberry's didn't have it, including Sprint and Alltel.

The new chips do offer CDMA and WiFi which is apparant with the new smartphone offerings coming out with WiFi. I'm just hoping RIM chose to use that chip set.

Then the verizon device is equipped with WIFI as well, I have no clue if Verizon would have anything to do with disabling it so thanks for clarifying. Not to worry then it has WIFI. I'll pull this thread up when it's proven!
    09-15-08 10:30 PM
    I thought you had first hand knowledge of this device. Didn't know you heard it from other people. Sorry buy my confidence is shaken on you wifi call. Lets hope and wait.
    09-15-08 11:54 PM
    This was posted on another thread. It looks like the Wifi symbol:

Here is an image of the WiFi symbol found on Blackberries:
    09-15-08 11:56 PM
    This was posted on another thread. It looks like the Wifi symbol:

Here is an image of the WiFi symbol found on Blackberries:
    Nice detective work there Stang! Lets just hope that its the VZW version!! Not too concerned about having wi-fi but what the ****, why not.
    Last edited by Pholey22; 09-16-08 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Should be VZW version with Wi-Fi, why would they show the GPS version for VZW employees. SWEET!
    09-16-08 12:20 AM
    Nice detective work there Stang! Lets just hope that its the VZW version!! Not too concerned about having wi-fi but what the ****, why not.
    I cannot take credit for this. Thank cocruxified.
    09-16-08 12:27 AM
    Its not a wifi simble its the message indicator with a number to the left

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 12:28 AM
    Its not a wifi simble its the message indicator with a number to the left

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Say it aint so!!!!
    09-16-08 12:33 AM
    I agree. The icon on the right totally looks like an envelope to me.

To be completely honest however, I could really care less if this thing didn't have WiFi. It would obviously be a cool feature, but it's not something that's going to make or break the deal for me.

btw, somebody needs to charge their battery.
    09-16-08 01:01 AM
    I'm still not ruling out WiFi, though. I really dont care about WiFi, but if they want this to truly compete with the iPhone, they need the it. And not because WiFi makes the phone really good (VZW's service should take care of that), but because when people compare the iPhone and the Storm, VZW and RIM don't want the "The Storm does not have WiFi and the iPhone does!" comments to bury them.
    09-16-08 01:05 AM
    This post is for BOYGENIUS where he say's this device has no wifi.

Remember this thread as it is to show you how good crackberry posters are **THIS DEVICE DOES HAVE WIFI** BOYGENIUS IS WRONG for even posting it has no wifi.

So crackberry posters that want confirmation, I'm confirming this 100% right now. Mark this thread so you can refer to it at a later date when your on this device using wifi.

Thanks.
    Soo... do you want to take anything back that you said in this post? Just wondering. Looks like your 100% means that you were 100% lying.

Lucky for me, I really don't think that Wi-Fi is a major factor, but you sure led people on.. good job.
    09-23-08 04:48 PM
    how can this be a truly world phone or iphone killer with wifi dont make sense
    09-23-08 05:44 PM
    Soo... do you want to take anything back that you said in this post? Just wondering. Looks like your 100% means that you were 100% lying.

Lucky for me, I really don't think that Wi-Fi is a major factor, but you sure led people on.. good job.
    I was sitting here thinking that I was pretty sure I read a thread saying that wifi was a 100% sure thing. You beat me to the punch. You lost all credibility in my book, Bling. Sorry.
    Last edited by skyys; 09-23-08 at 07:12 PM.
    09-23-08 06:57 PM
    bummer bro, i actually had some faith since you swore on it..

everyones prolly gonna flame you for this one...
    Last edited by slipknot14469; 09-23-08 at 07:05 PM.
    09-23-08 07:03 PM
    how can this be a truly world phone or iphone killer with wifi dont make sense
    just cause there's no wifi, doesn't mean it's not a world phone... world phones don't revolve around wifi
    09-23-08 08:27 PM
    Don't give up hope. Just like the Pearl and Curve, I think there will be a model with and without WI-FI. Most likely it won't happen in the hands of Verizon. Now this just my opinion. Not gonna pop off at the mouth, shouting 100%, Remember me with out squat to back it with.
    09-23-08 08:37 PM
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have wi-fi BUT remember that we haven't heard anything official either way and wi-fi is not something Verizon likes to advertise or even mention.
    09-23-08 08:55 PM
    And if another version of the phone (9500 or some other model) does have wifi, as long as it has a CDMA radio, it seems like people may be able to use it on VZW in the future anyway.
    09-23-08 09:41 PM

Then the verizon device is equipped with WIFI as well, I have no clue if Verizon would have anything to do with disabling it so thanks for clarifying. Not to worry then it has WIFI. I'll pull this thread up when it's proven!

Ok, before bashing I am sticking with what I was told that it DOES have WIFI..... Now I posted earlier that Verizon may have disabled this but as you can see above BigVDawgy say's Verizon has nothing to do with that so unless they requested their device to not have WIFI then they don't but I know FOR SURE ONE OF THE STORM VERSIONS DOES HAVE WIFI.... I am sticking with this with my life!!!!!! Don't judge until it comes out.... Now does not make sense to have one with wifi and one without but I guess you never know but Verizon is battling the I-phone so their would be no need for them to request this not be in when they already have one developed....

Since everyone trusts crucial maybe he can answer this with a simple yes or no. If not wait until it comes out.
    09-23-08 09:55 PM
312 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD