Thread cleaned up. Anything else and it will be closed!
    08-28-08 05:10 PM
    Back on topic, I know for a fact the phone has wifi, I also knew that it would be GSM as the unit that my friend got to play with was on Roger's network. I just think you could have gone about it a better way.
    Last edited by Garz; 08-28-08 at 05:16 PM.
    08-28-08 05:13 PM
    Back on topic, I know for a fact the phone has wifi, I also knew that it would be GSM as the unit that my friend got to play with was on Roger's network. I just think you could have gone about it a better way.
    I thought Storm is sporting both GSM/CDMA radios(maybe it was implied/understood???).

When your friend played with the phone, what was his impression of the performance and all that good stuff?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 05:30 PM
    I won't confirm or deny the wifi, but I posted that 9500's were on Rogers months ago.
    @sgtmilstack: As I've posted before, this deivce is truly one of a kind. The OS is brand new and the UI is still RIM but definitely different. They went out on a little bit of a limb on this one. I personally think the 9500's UI is better than the Iphone. I also posted that a buddy and I were in a Apple store, and he showed the device to a few people and they decided they were going to wait for it instead of getting the new iphone. "Rumors" say it has haptic, which is new tech on mobile devices. RIM isn't slacking on this device and a lot of time and effort has been placed into making this the best it can be.
    08-28-08 05:48 PM
    Hey C-X. Hope you and fam are well. Thanks for response and refresh (read post days ago).

Last edited by sgtmilstack; 08-28-08 at 06:09 PM.
    08-28-08 06:01 PM
    I won't confirm or deny the wifi, but I posted that 9500's were on Rogers months ago.
    @sgtmilstack: As I've posted before, this deivce is truly one of a kind. The OS is brand new and the UI is still RIM but definitely different. They went out on a little bit of a limb on this one. I personally think the 9500's UI is better than the Iphone. I also posted that a buddy and I were in a Apple store, and he showed the device to a few people and they decided they were going to wait for it instead of getting the new iphone. "Rumors" say it has haptic, which is new tech on mobile devices. RIM isn't slacking on this device and a lot of time and effort has been placed into making this the best it can be.
    CX
    Please stop with all this UI stuff, I begin to drool all over myself when you talk like that. I remember your previous posts that you just mentioned. Personally I love the UI of the iPhone in terms of Eye Candy but it sometimes takes way longer to get to certain places of the UI where as a berry is quick to hop around.

Is it a combination of cool effects as you navigate(transitions) combined with the efficiency a berry?

Please expound!!
    Anyone, anyone?

I did forget your comment about them being on Rogers a while back, my bad CX!
    What frequencies is Rogers on?
    08-28-08 06:17 PM
    CX
    Please stop with all this UI stuff, I begin to drool all over myself when you talk like that. I remember your previous posts that you just mentioned. Personally I love the UI of the iPhone in terms of Eye Candy but it sometimes takes way longer to get to certain places of the UI where as a berry is quick to hop around.

Is it a combination of cool effects as you navigate(transitions) combined with the efficiency a berry?

Please expound!!
    Anyone, anyone?

I believe Rogers uses 850 and 1900 MHz frequencies
    08-28-08 06:34 PM
    As CX stated the phone is the cats meow. It does have haptic technology, which is basically the vibration touch response that is on the Samsung Instinct. He also said the UI is very very nice. He liked it better then the iPhone but to tell you the truth we both are iPhone haters for no other reason then a friend of ours that has to have the coolest things has one haha. Stupid reason but at least I'm honest. All in all he liked the phone but he is not big on touch screens. He LOVED the bold but that is just his personal preference. I personally love my Instinct, but I love my blackberry even more and it's just a pearl. This phone is going to kick @$$!
    08-28-08 06:47 PM
    CX

Please expound!!
    Anyone, anyone?

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the Iphone. I would say your comment on cool effects or something of that sort and a smooth direct transition would be pretty close to accurate. It's still RIM UI all the way, but different. It's hard to explain without violating.
    Rogers uses 850/1900 MHz.
    08-28-08 06:52 PM
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the Iphone. I would say your comment on cool effects or something of that sort and a smooth direct transition would be pretty close to accurate. It's still RIM UI all the way, but different. It's hard to explain without violating.
    Rogers uses 850/1900 MHz.
    Thanks CX,
    Thats enough to keep me panting a few more weeks.
    Not sure if you can commnet, but is there NO exclusivity to Verizon(just in the states) at all then?
    Maybe you can comment on someone else's comments?? 1 3month, 2)6month, 3)year?? Or maybe Just 4) Rogers, Voda, and VZW and everyone else will have to unlock it, but it may be just as hard to unlock it as is the iPhone?? (not that the iPhone is a rock at all...just difficult to your average cell user)

Can you say if my later speculation is closer to the truth or the former??
    Thanks CX
    Dennis
    08-28-08 07:17 PM
    I think you have a 50 50 chance to get wi fi. After all there is a required data plan and verizon has wi fi on a few of thier smart phones So don't get all bent out of shape.

Whoop!
    08-28-08 08:10 PM
    As CX stated the phone is the cats meow. It does have haptic technology, which is basically the vibration touch response that is on the Samsung Instinct. He also said the UI is very very nice. He liked it better then the iPhone but to tell you the truth we both are iPhone haters for no other reason then a friend of ours that has to have the coolest things has one haha. Stupid reason but at least I'm honest. All in all he liked the phone but he is not big on touch screens. He LOVED the bold but that is just his personal preference. I personally love my Instinct, but I love my blackberry even more and it's just a pearl. This phone is going to kick @$$!
    It has 'localized' haptic feedback which is awesome for the keyboard. You touch a letter and it 'feels' like you pressed a real button.
    08-28-08 08:37 PM
    I think you have a 50 50 chance to get wi fi. After all there is a required data plan and verizon has wi fi on a few of thier smart phones So don't get all bent out of shape.

Whoop!
    Plus the upcoming Samsung i770 smartphone has a similar GSM/CDMA hybrid radio and it has wi-fi.
    08-28-08 08:38 PM
    Just because the box doesnt say it is WiFi enabled, doesnt mean it isnt! Does the box say "It has a camera"? No, but we know it will. I think we just have to wait and see what it has. The picture of the box does not confirm anything at all other than what is actually inside the box (accessory-wise).
    08-28-08 10:05 PM
    This post is for BOYGENIUS where he say's this device has no wifi.

Remember this thread as it is to show you how good crackberry posters are **THIS DEVICE DOES HAVE WIFI** BOYGENIUS IS WRONG and pethatic for even posting it has no wifi.

So crackberry posters that want confirmation, I'm confirming this 100% right now. Mark this thread so you can refer to it at a later date when your on this device using wifi.
    Hey Super Bling, you still sticking with this? Just wanna make sure so I can mark this thread and come back to it and give you props if the Storm does have WiFi
    09-05-08 09:33 AM
    Hey Super Bling, you still sticking with this? Just wanna make sure so I can mark this thread and come back to it and give you props if the Storm does have WiFi

Ofcourse, mark it and post it on your desk and calender. ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    09-05-08 09:38 AM
    Ofcourse, mark it and post it on your desk and calender. ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    LOL, awesome dude, I'm so looking forward to you being right!
    09-05-08 09:56 AM
    LOL, just wanna clear something up tho, we are talking about the Storm coming to VERIZON right?
    09-05-08 09:57 AM
    Yes. >>>>>>>>>>
    09-05-08 10:05 AM
    Yes. >>>>>>>>>>
    SWEET Can't wait for this phone to come out
    09-05-08 10:22 AM
    Can I ask someone who knows about the guts of this phone a question? I currently have an HTC PDA based phone and I use the third party application "Voice Command". I find it a useful tool, especially when I'm driving and want to make a call to a specific individual. Does the Thunder/Storm have such a tool. Much appreciated!
    09-05-08 01:24 PM
    All recent previous devices have VAD (voice active dialing) I wouldn't see why the Thunder/Storm would'nt as well. As the device is yet to be released, this is only an educated guess.
    09-05-08 01:35 PM
    All recent previous devices have VAD (voice active dialing) I wouldn't see why the Thunder/Storm would'nt as well. As the device is yet to be released, this is only an educated guess.

Thanks for the info...that helps alot
    09-05-08 01:58 PM
    This post is for BOYGENIUS where he say's this device has no wifi.

Remember this thread as it is to show you how good crackberry posters are **THIS DEVICE DOES HAVE WIFI** BOYGENIUS IS WRONG for even posting it has no wifi.

So crackberry posters that want confirmation, I'm confirming this 100% right now. Mark this thread so you can refer to it at a later date when your on this device using wifi.

Thanks.

I'm beginning to doubt SB.
    09-15-08 09:42 PM
    I'm beginning to doubt SB.
    I posted this at HoFo
    Over at BGR Verizon Guy, who mentioned the Autonomous GPS will be unlocked on this device and Assisted GPS (aGPS) will only be supported by approved applications also stated
    "Since the Storm was designed to support �3G everywhere� (i.e. HSUPA + EV-DO Rev. A) the case for wifi isn�t as strong as on other devices."

Don't really know what to think because Crucial eluded to the Storm being Rev 0 and I think I recall him hinting towards WiFi being included. Honestly, I'd trust Crucial over Verizon Guy in a heartbeat. Not sure if I interpreted correctly though.
    09-15-08 09:53 PM
312 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD