Shortcuts alone are a major plus. Incorporate web icons to mobile media beats the he'll out of any app.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    abwan11 likes this.
    12-22-15 03:14 PM
    Agree with shortcuts part, not so much the app part.
    12-22-15 03:44 PM
    Shortcuts alone are a major plus. Incorporate web icons to mobile media beats the he'll out of any app.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    Not at this point (apps).
    12-22-15 04:08 PM
    Hey. Not sure I know what you mean by Web Icons in mobile media. Can you describe?
    12-22-15 04:09 PM
    Hey. Not sure I know what you mean by Web Icons in mobile media. Can you describe?
    The ability to pin a website shortcut to the home screen just like an app.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 08:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not the same in many cases. Apps can do more.
    12-25-15 11:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow, I assumed other platforms can do this.

I have many web shortcut icons on my phone, so this is a very useful function.

Speaking of shortcuts, BlackBerry physical keyboard shortcuts to open apps, call/text, and execute system actions from the homescreen is an amazing feature.

These little things are the ones that make BlackBerry 10 stand out from the rest in productivity.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 11:31 AM
    I am not sure what the OP is actually referring to. I assume he meant keyboard shortcuts at first but if he means creating a bookmark to a webpage on the homescreen then that isnt a BB only thing at all.

I agree also that sometimes apps are much more advanced than just a website.
    12-25-15 11:41 AM
    I am not sure what the OP is actually referring to. I assume he meant keyboard shortcuts at first but if he means creating a bookmark to a webpage on the homescreen then that isnt a BB only thing at all.

I agree also that sometimes apps are much more advanced than just a website.
    If he meant creating shortcuts to websites that look like icons, then clearly he hasn't done enough research. That's been a part of iOS since day one.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-25-15 01:28 PM
    Wow, I assumed other platforms can do this.

I have many web shortcut icons on my phone, so this is a very useful function.

Speaking of shortcuts, BlackBerry physical keyboard shortcuts to open apps, call/text, and execute system actions from the homescreen is an amazing feature.

These little things are the ones that make BlackBerry 10 stand out from the rest in productivity.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure about WP, but I know iOS can, and has had that capability from the beginning, and I think the same holds true for Android.
    12-25-15 01:32 PM
    I'm not sure about WP, but I know iOS can, and has had that capability from the beginning, and I think the same holds true for Android.
    Yes, but not the physical keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 01:34 PM
    Not the same in many cases. Apps can do more.
    And also the same in many cases. Facebook app, my banks (American Express, Wells Fargo, USAA, Uber etc.) I expect to see even more of this with greater adoption of HTML5 and "Universal apps" many (Netflix, Uber just to name a few) are working on that will not require an "app store" and will work across PC, tablet and mobile Windows 10 is helping ushering in. (curious to see functionality on my BlackBerry 10 devices with native browser)

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    skstrials likes this.
    12-25-15 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes- learn them on the Classic or Passport and they are wicked cool and functional.

12-25-15 01:48 PM
    And also the same in many cases. Facebook app, my banks (American Express, Wells Fargo, USAA, Uber etc.) I expect to see even more of this with greater adoption of HTML5 and "Universal apps" many (Netflix, Uber just to name a few) are working on that will not require an "app store" and will work across PC, tablet and mobile Windows 10 is helping ushering in. (curious to see functionality on my BlackBerry 10 devices with native browser)

Been hearing this for several years now but it hasn't fully happened yet. let me know when it does.

I have a WP10 device and like it but still not prime time.
    12-25-15 01:51 PM
    Wow..thanks for posting Op ...I had no idea this was an option ....feeling stupid and surprised.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    True, since BB phones are the only ones that actually have physical keyboards. Since that wasn't what the original post was about,...
    12-25-15 02:58 PM
    Yes- learn them on the Classic or Passport and they are wicked cool and functional.

They ain't so shabby on a Q5 either; use 'em all the time, however one can only speculate that they suck giant eyeballs (not to be confused with iBalls) on a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 11:40 PM