I have a corporate Blackberry. My company turned off messaging. I now have no communications with my teens because all they know how to do is text! My family all has the same providor as I do on my corporate phone, I would be more than willing to pay for the ability to be able text. Does anyone know how I could do this?
    07-16-10 12:54 PM
    Unless you can somehow convince your companies IT department to remove the restriction, you're SOL. There's also the chance that SMS and MMS messaging is completely blocked from your companies plan.

Best bet, add another line onto your account and get a simple texting phone to communicate with your kids.
    07-16-10 12:57 PM
    Yep.

Get your own device and use that to communicate with whomever you wish.
    07-16-10 01:04 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    You can "SMS" your children through email and they can "email" you their SMS.

You can email a SMS (keep it to 160 chars) to them at #########@vtext.com. You can also MMS them by sending the pictures, sound, etc. as an attachment to #########@vzwpix.com. Your children can then send SMS to your email simply by typing your email address in the TO: line of their SMS right from their phones.

I'm sure other carriers have these abilities too.
    07-16-10 01:18 PM
    ...You can "SMS" your children through email and they can "email" you their SMS.
    I discovered this a while back with my residential security provider. They send an SMS message of all of my alarm activity to my device by addressing it to ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    07-16-10 10:06 PM
    Get Kik messenger, besides texting to other kik users (there is a BB & iphone version currently and an android version coming), you also get 50 free text messages to non kik users per month. The Kik client sends the texts so they SHOULD work for you, PLUS if your kids got, BBs, iphones or Droids, they can get the client and you can do kik to kik.....

Kik | Text Anyone for Free
    07-16-10 10:24 PM
    I discovered this a while back with my residential security provider. They send an SMS message of all of my alarm activity to my device by addressing it to ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Thank you for passing along the Sprint site. I never knew it.
    Its fun. I will often do this to send over sound files, recording etc. from my computer to my BB as well as those of some of the individuals I work with. Its easier than loading up the files on the device and then sending them out from there. I just include myself and others all in one email from the computer and save the files on the device. But, as I was originally addressing, it serves as a good way to get around the BES restrictions as well!
    07-16-10 10:25 PM
    Yeah, the only caveat is that you have to count your characters. Unfortunately, my e-mail client does not count for me.
    07-16-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD