hello. i was wondering, because i didn't purchase the blackberry service, i was wondering if i can still use the Map. I downloaded the Google map, but it didn't seem to work unless i didn't do something right.. Any help will do! thank you!
    04-07-08 10:42 PM
    No. Those apps retrieve their information from the internet. So without a data plan they have no way of getting the information.
    04-07-08 10:46 PM
    No. Those apps retrieve their information from the internet. So without a data plan they have no way of getting the information.
    He's right - you should definitely think about getting a data plan.. it's a must-have for certain apps
    04-07-08 10:49 PM
    Just shell out the cash for bis(blackberry internet service) so you can get the most out of your device
    Goodluck and welcome to tha crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 11:07 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    IMHO, having a BB without a Data Plan is like having a Razor phone.
    04-08-08 08:21 AM
    get the data plan !
    04-08-08 08:23 AM
    Welcome 2 your new home!
    04-08-08 09:03 AM
    hello. i was wondering, because i didn't purchase the blackberry service, i was wondering if i can still use the Map. I downloaded the Google map, but it didn't seem to work unless i didn't do something right.. Any help will do! thank you!
    Actually Becky, you can, at least from home if you have a Wi-Fi capable Blackberry (either internal or external GPS), and you have your own Internet connection at home with a Wi-Fi router. However, this would only allow you to access the net while near your home "hot spot".

As the others have said, you are really missing out on the Blackberry experience without the data plan. It is a lot for a tight budget, but might be well worth it when you can use it to reduce the cost of fuel you use driving, for example. You can do things like search for the lowest price of an item with SList, search for the lowest price gas with TeleNav, search for the nearest "whatever" with Boopsie, InfoSeek, or Berry411. You'll have the entire WWW in your palm literally. Keep track of a wayward husband (by making him carry a GPS enabled berry and GPSed! Not to mention email anytime anywhere.

The home Wi-Fi option might be a way to get started. You need an 11-G capable router (Blackberry's don't do the faster 11-N yet), which you can get for around $100.

Welcome to the Blackberry community.

Patrick
    04-08-08 09:39 AM
    Get the data plan you wont regret it! Welcome to the addiction!
    04-08-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD