So yesterday I upgraded to Sprint's official OS 5, and I lost functionality of my Standby button. I know it's not the hardware, because I can press it when the backlight is off, and the screen comes back on. But it will not put the phone in Standby mode at all! Does anyone know why?
    02-12-10 04:32 PM
    Yes, because they actually corrected something that was wrong in OS 4.7; that top right button is a Mute button to be used while you are on a call, to mute your end of the call. that is all is was for. Now on OS5.0.0.484, to put your phone into standby, you press the Lock button, which is on the top left. Press it again to bring phone out of standby.
    02-12-10 04:34 PM
    1500 posts and doesn't use the search to find 25 other threads exactly like this?
    02-12-10 04:41 PM
    Oh I see! So keyboard lock is standby now. Thanks for clearing it up!
    02-12-10 05:25 PM
  5. T
    Which button is keyboard lock? I press the shortcut "k" to lock my phone and use the mute button to place it in standby (I'm on 4.5.0.175).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 09:35 PM
    Which button is keyboard lock? I press the shortcut "k" to lock my phone and use the mute button to place it in standby (I'm on 4.5.0.175).

The Curve doesn't have the same buttons as the Tour. But on the Tour, the keyboard lock and standby buttons are on the top left and right of the phone. They're pretty much invisible, you just know that they're there.
    02-12-10 09:50 PM
    Keyboard lock is turned on by pressing and holding the "A" button. Take it out of keyboard lock by pressing the lock button (top left). To put in standby hold the top left button and do the same to jump out of standby in .484

02-12-10 10:18 PM
    1500 posts and doesn't use the search to find 25 other threads exactly like this?
    how about instead of posting a snarky comment, you provide a link to the thread where the question is answered.
    02-26-10 12:51 PM
    how about instead of posting a snarky comment, you provide a link to the thread where the question is answered.
    +1
    I had this same question the other day which I started a thread on in the Tour forum, and I got met with some real dandy comments.
    Here's the link to that one...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/5-...t-work-427908/
    At least someone cleared it up for me...
    02-26-10 02:01 PM
    Well, aren't you just a special snowflake.

500 posts and you can't behave like an adult?
    02-26-10 04:14 PM
    "to put your phone into standby, you press the Lock button, which is on the top left. Press it again to bring phone out of standby. "

Are you sure about this for the Tour? That looks like it only locks most of the keys and makes the screen dark. Touch any of the button on the near the pearl and the system wakes up and says the keyboard is locked. With stand-by, this didn't happen before.

I've also noticed much higher battery drain using the top-left lock instead of the standby button.
    04-08-10 02:12 PM
    Well, aren't you just a special snowflake.

500 posts and you can't behave like an adult?
    Actually all no two snow flakes are exactly alike, so yes, they are a special snowflake.

can someone please explain to me the point of "stand by mode".... that is question to be answered.

04-08-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD