I recently purchased a Plantronics 520 and is pairs to my Curve 8530 with no problem, but there is no sound from the BT itself, no tone, no voice, nothing.
    Then a few hours later, it starts working again! A few hours later it stops working. I did get a message on the Blackberry that the "Contents Protection" needs to be deactivated, but there was no setting for turn on or turn off this function.
    11-08-10 09:39 PM
    Sounds like your on BES. You will have to get your IT guys to disable it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 10:30 PM
    I am on a BIS .... this is not a business Blackberry device >> This is my personal blackberry device
    11-10-10 05:35 PM
    Is your bb password protected, or encrypted? There is a way to disable content protection. I have to remember where it is. I'll post back.

11-12-10 02:56 PM
    Okay, try Menu/Options/Password set to disable. This is the only way I have found. Hopefully your not going to post back that you don't have it password protected. Or if you do try disabling encryption. Let me know if that works.

11-12-10 03:06 PM
    You know, it is password protected, I did set that up when I first got my blackberry, and I realized that I cannot undo it. however I did get a new replacement from Plantronics and so far it is working, but the old one worked right away too. Encryption is enabled, Would you recommend disabling that?
    11-12-10 10:20 PM
    I certainly will disable encryption if the 2nd BT gives me problems.
    11-12-10 10:21 PM
    I went ahead and disabled it. Now I am curious if the 1st bluetooth will work now. I will try a little later on, when I am home.
    11-12-10 10:32 PM
    Oh I see where you were getting at, now I CAN disable the password protection, again I will try later, just out of curiousity!
    11-12-10 10:34 PM
    Don't know if anything I said helped at all steve. Just throwing some bones out there for you to chew on. Hope things workout for you. Sounds like you'll get it.

11-12-10 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD