I bought my bb curve 8520 yesterday and it was working great. After few hours, i noticed that I'm receiving messages but won't hear any sounds, just the led light. I tried checking the speaker but it's working. It also has sounds when receiving a call. After turning off the phone and removing the battery, my sms alert tone worked. Then a while ago, it happened again. No sms alert sound. I have to turn off the phone and remove the battery to restore the alert sound again. has this happened to anyone before? help pls. Is the unit defective?
    04-13-10 11:08 AM
    this just happend to me to, i went to the closest verizon store and the guy had to wipe out my phone i guess youd say, all my pictures, ringtones and messages were gone but he saved my contacts but now my phones running a lot better and my tones are all working again
    04-13-10 11:14 AM
    If you go into your sound profiles (the speaker) and then set ring tones/alerts, what does it say right now for SMS text? (ring tone, volume, led, vib)
    04-13-10 11:14 AM
    I have a Tour, and have had same problem since day one. Mines intermitten though. I have tried EVERYTHING, all the different settings, different ring tones etc... I did go up to the 5.0 op sys, couldnt stand it and went back the next day to 4.7 but didnt notice any difference.
    I can do a battery pull and its good for about two maybe three texts, then the sound is gone again. Everything eles works as should.
    -Dez
    04-13-10 11:30 AM
    If you go into your sound profiles (the speaker) and then set ring tones/alerts, what does it say right now for SMS text? (ring tone, volume, led, vib)
    it's set to tone, medium, on and 2. The settings are all correct. It just keeps on losing its sound randomly.
    04-13-10 01:29 PM
    I have a Tour, and have had same problem since day one. Mines intermitten though. I have tried EVERYTHING, all the different settings, different ring tones etc... I did go up to the 5.0 op sys, couldnt stand it and went back the next day to 4.7 but didnt notice any difference.
    I can do a battery pull and its good for about two maybe three texts, then the sound is gone again. Everything eles works as should.
    -Dez
    Mine too!! I bought this yesterday and it's really annoying when I'm missing a lot of texts only to find out that it got no sound again. I have to remove the battery for it to work again. Can you message me if ever you find a solution to our problem? Thanks
    04-13-10 01:32 PM
    I'm chasing a similar problem. When the tones stop working, go into the sound profile and flip through the ringer list like you were changing the tone to something else. When you select the tone that stopped working, does it play or give you an error?
    04-13-10 01:34 PM
    I'm chasing a similar problem. When the tones stop working, go into the sound profile and flip through the ringer list like you were changing the tone to something else. When you select the tone that stopped working, does it play or give you an error?
    I'll check on that next time, coz right now it's working well again. I'm expecting to experience it by tomorrow again haha!
    04-13-10 01:41 PM
    Hey, did you ever figure out a solution to this? I received my curve 8520 4 days ago and it has happened 4 times so far. It's so annoying! I tried wiping it but that didn't seem to work. Attempting different text tones now.. I can't be dealing with missing a load of texts and having to take my battery out everyday!
    Thanks
    05-25-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD