Particularly the 9900. This was what I wrote on another thread earlier in the week. I saw things like the battery and the camera as a downgrade from the 9780, which made me angry. Still does.

Friday, I got an email on my 9780. It was for a locum shift available on Friday night, first person to apply off the offer list gets the shift. Sent out to about 30 people with various mixes of phones, but Im the only one with a BlackBerry. The reply was back with the staffing lead in seconds. Within about 5 minutes I had the confirmed shift and an email was sent out to people who also applied within those 5 minutes, but after me, saying they didn't get the shift. That one shift made me about 300 quid. Its not the only one Ive gotten because of my BlackBerry.

So sod it, yes RIM, you made some awful design decisions. Yes your ecosystem is not exactly flourishing. But your devices are the absolute best for communications, particularly email. Im very hopeful Viber is on its way and thats going to plug the a major hole in the ecosystem for me. You've got user replaceable batteries, unlike certain other phones, softening the battery blow.
    Im on for the ride, wherever it goes. Ill whinge along the way, most likely, but Im staying on for the whole ride.
    My 9900 is on its way.
    03-04-12 10:42 AM
    Well at least you can replace the battery as oppposed to some "other" brands... My neighbour went through 3 Iphones in 2 months with battery issues...had to go in to the Apple store 100 mile away twice..... have his credit card billed twice until it was shown the iphone was not damages... he actually was charged for 2 phones that did not work for 2 months..... Had to fight for 3 months to get the charges reversed...

We all have our "horror" stories... It just seems worse when it happens to us.....
    03-04-12 11:08 AM
    Larger physical keyboard, the removable battery and the best phone in my opinion for messaging is the reason why I love my Bold 9900.

@dbmalloy,
    Apple Canada Calgary service is really good. They replaced my brother's iPhone 2 times with no questions asked. The Telus had issues with replacing my Bold 9900 due to hardware defects because they thought I am doing something to cause these defects.
    03-04-12 11:36 AM
    Not being upgradable to bb10 is enough a reason not to get one for me.

Sent from the best mobile device ever --Samsung Galaxy Note
    03-04-12 12:05 PM
    I love my Torch 9850. Fixed all the issues I had with the Storm. I have a bunch of useful apps and games. With 7.1 it keeps getting better. I have issues with the virtual keyboard though so I hope the BB10 phone is a bit bigger and better.
    03-04-12 12:30 PM
    Particularly the 9900. This was what I wrote on another thread earlier in the week. I saw things like the battery and the camera as a downgrade from the 9780, which made me angry. Still does.

Friday, I got an email on my 9780. It was for a locum shift available on Friday night, first person to apply off the offer list gets the shift. Sent out to about 30 people with various mixes of phones, but Im the only one with a BlackBerry. The reply was back with the staffing lead in seconds. Within about 5 minutes I had the confirmed shift and an email was sent out to people who also applied within those 5 minutes, but after me, saying they didn't get the shift. That one shift made me about 300 quid. Its not the only one Ive gotten because of my BlackBerry.

So sod it, yes RIM, you made some awful design decisions. Yes your ecosystem is not exactly flourishing. But your devices are the absolute best for communications, particularly email. Im very hopeful Viber is on its way and thats going to plug the a major hole in the ecosystem for me. You've got user replaceable batteries, unlike certain other phones, softening the battery blow.
    Im on for the ride, wherever it goes. Ill whinge along the way, most likely, but Im staying on for the whole ride.
    My 9900 is on its way.

I use an application called Vopium, if two people have the app and both are on wifi the call is free internationally. Available for all platforms and international calls are cheap and quality is amazing. Half voip, it will ring a local number and if you have a BB it's integrated with the OS so the app kicks in as soon as you try to ring an international number(on iphone you have to make the call trough the app for example)

I highly recommend it!
    mssca likes this.
    03-04-12 12:35 PM
    PS I run a small courier company so fast email are very important. Often they look like this:

Sent- 10:00
    Received- 10:00
    My reply sent - 10:00

Does not get faster then this.
    03-04-12 12:38 PM
    I want the bold 9900, is the battery that bad? I need it to last me a full day with moderate use... Is it better the the torch 9800 or worse?

And I couldn't agree more with communication with a blackberry... I sell and buy things online often and when if comes to replying to emails, it only takes me minutes when the buyer/seller has any questions...
    03-04-12 12:43 PM
    I want the bold 9900, is the battery that bad? I need it to last me a full day with moderate use... Is it better the the torch 9800 or worse?

And I couldn't agree more with communication with a blackberry... I sell and buy things online often and when if comes to replying to emails, it only takes me minutes when the buyer/seller has any questions...
    Battery is great for me with OS 7.1 leaked version. (Check my profile info for the version) I get a whole day out of my BB with several emails, one phone call or so with a lot of web browsing and Facebook. I end up with about maximum 3%/hr or so compared to what I used to get on OS 7.0 with 6%/hr or so...

I am happy with battery life.
    03-04-12 12:54 PM
    I use an application called Vopium, if two people have the app and both are on wifi the call is free internationally. Available for all platforms and international calls are cheap and quality is amazing. Half voip, it will ring a local number and if you have a BB it's integrated with the OS so the app kicks in as soon as you try to ring an international number(on iphone you have to make the call trough the app for example)

I highly recommend it!
    So I can call anyone without using my mobile plan's min?
    03-04-12 12:58 PM
    So I can call anyone without using my mobile plan's min?
    It will use your minutes but the international call will be free. Half voip calls have much much better call quality then pure voip. To call a land line number in Romania from UK costs just �0.03/minute. I will take this over skype any day. Skype delay can be very frustrating.
    03-04-12 01:03 PM
    Not being upgradable to bb10 is enough a reason not to get one for me.

Tmorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

I get what I want today.
    SK122387, tlo07, Mrluky and 4 others like this.
    03-04-12 01:22 PM
    Tmorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

I get what I want today.
    Likewise.

03-04-12 01:24 PM
    I wouldn't say "nobody in their right mind." My wife picked up a new curve when she was up for contract renewal because she had simply outgrown her OS5 device. I am going to wait on my contract renewal for the BB10 devices because OS7 is just not enough of a jump from my OS6 9700.
    03-04-12 01:29 PM
    I think some people are missing the OP's point, he's sorry for saying it in another thread and he's actually getting a 9900 now after a work email incident made him appreciate BB communication strong points. Am I right op?
    kbz1960 and bobauckland like this.
    03-04-12 01:37 PM
    I think some people are missing the OP's point, he's sorry for saying it in another thread and he's actually getting a 9900 now after a work email incident made him appreciate BB communication strong points. Am I right op?
    After re-reading it, you are correct. It's just a VERY poor choice n title and that's what stuck in my head.
    03-04-12 01:42 PM
    had to go in to the Apple store 100 mile.....
    A hundred miles?
    03-04-12 01:46 PM
    Yup, wouldn't say Im sorry, but having reconsidered things nothing gets the job done like a BlackBerry and nothing looks as boss as a 9900.
    03-04-12 02:25 PM
    Yup, wouldn't say Im sorry, but having reconsidered things nothing gets the job done like a BlackBerry and nothing looks as boss as a 9900.
    Well it's good to see you finally coming around. I misread your original intent. The 9900 may not be perfect (but then what is), but it's better in most respects than what it replaces, and it is competitive with other brands.

You don't have to say you're sorry; but I reserve the right to say see, I told you so.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 03-04-12 at 02:44 PM.
    03-04-12 02:39 PM
    I always thought my bb was fast receiving Exchange email. Now at work I have my 9810, my PC, and my PlayBook with native email. Without exception, my PlayBook chimes first, followed by my 9810 then my PC. That's a good sign for BB10.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-04-12 03:25 PM
    I'm satisfied and glad I got my 9900. My 9700 wouldn't work on windmobiles away 1700 frequency so I didn't have much of a choice. They then got the curve and torch after I got it.
    03-04-12 03:51 PM
    He he, you finaly saw the light
    03-04-12 04:02 PM
    I went from a 9780 to a 9900 and I wasn't expecting much of a difference....God was I wrong. The speed, browser, and improved UI--the 9900 was worth using my upgrade...i couldn't imagine waiting the whole year for a BB10 phone with a keyboard.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    03-04-12 04:20 PM
    I'm also glad that I went from my 9330 to a 9850. Didn't think it was going to be much of a difference, but it is.
    03-04-12 05:25 PM
    I wouldn't say "nobody in their right mind." My wife picked up a new curve when she was up for contract renewal because she had simply outgrown her OS5 device. I am going to wait on my contract renewal for the BB10 devices because OS7 is just not enough of a jump from my OS6 9700.
    I thought that too cause I had a fantastic OS6 9700, but honestly now that I have had the 9860 for a month, I am so glad I made the switch. I no longer run out of memory with just 100 songs on my phone, better camera, better screen, much, MUCH better internet browser. Apps are actually appearing now for this platform, with great graphics for games and so forth. And yes my battery life is down from 3-4 days with low to moderate use from my old Bold BUT, the Torch still gets me 2 whole days, and I use it a lot more.

LOL, I love one other thing is no one with an iPhone or an Android around me can tell me what their phone can do better. Maybe the professionals on this site who use more of those apps, but me and my group of coworkers? Nope it is at least on par, if only the screen is a little too small(which affects the keyboard).
    03-04-12 05:39 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD