Not being upgradable to bb10 is enough a reason not to get one for me.

Sent from the best mobile device ever --Samsung Galaxy Note
    Are they only going to be avaiblr for a short period of time?
    I'm afraid the chase for techology won't ever end. I'll enjoy my 9860 until something else comes along. If wear it out I have a my tourch or other BBs to fall back on.
    03-04-12 06:41 PM
    I went from a 9780 to a 9900 and I wasn't expecting much of a difference....God was I wrong. The speed, browser, and improved UI--the 9900 was worth using my upgrade...i couldn't imagine waiting the whole year for a BB10 phone with a keyboard.
    You are so right. Anyone with a pre 9900 BB should give OS 7 a go. I didn't think going from my 9780 to 9900 would have been such a noticeable improvement. I initially upgraded because I liked the kb and touch combo. The speed switching apps, voice clarity, the amazing kb, its thinness. Plus it is such a sexy thing to look at.......naked......of course.
    03-04-12 09:30 PM
    A hundred miles?
    Absolutely. If not more.

When I lived in California, I was 120 miles from the San Fernando Valley, in the High Desert.

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/store_map.html

Not everyone lives near an Apple store. There *is* a world beyond suburbia. A bit of travel is highly recommended.

As far as the 99xx devices, although the 9930 is a bit large for my hand, I absolutely love it. My first love is the Curve so I jumped on the 9370, but it is definitely a step below the 9930. I have the 9930 as a spare device, but I really do love the 9930. It's a phenomenal device.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-05-12 at 06:01 AM.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    03-05-12 04:53 AM
    Sorry if this sounds like a hymn of praise, but.... it is justified. Last week I had to use a car park that required payment by phone. The system used a combination of voice recognition and number entry via the keyboard. I managed to do this while walking down a busy street thanks to the crystal clear call quality and the oustanding 9900 keyboard. This is RIM's key strength - tools that work, and OS 7 works just fine for me.
    03-05-12 05:07 AM
    Sorry if this sounds like a hymn of praise, but.... it is justified. Last week I had to use a car park that required payment by phone. The system used a combination of voice recognition and number entry via the keyboard. I managed to do this while walking down a busy street thanks to the crystal clear call quality and the oustanding 9900 keyboard. This is RIM's key strength - tools that work, and OS 7 works just fine for me.
    I took a booking call once while I was in a car wash the jet blasting right at my window. When I got to the client's office I apologized for the noisy call and told her I was in a car wash. She said she never heard anything, she heard me perfectly clear.
    03-05-12 05:24 AM
    Although clear calls might also be a function of reception, I have found that my 9900 seems to be clearer than my 9810 was.
    Of course, they're on different carriers, so can't really tell.
    I love this device.
    03-05-12 07:07 AM
    Thats actually a noticeable improvement I noticed over my 9700, before I used to have trouble hearing with the handset, with this new 9860, its crystal clear and the speakerphone? Its unbelievably good.
    03-05-12 08:41 AM
    I was trying to hold out for BB10, but I decided that sitting on the fence for another year was just not worth it. The 9930 is a great communication device, and the improvement in the os has been truly amazing.
    03-05-12 10:30 PM
    "Nobody in their right mind would switch to an os7 device"

Let me see... Retired at 40, couple of million in investments but now apparently crazy.. I am sure, being sane, you are doing much better than me!
    03-06-12 06:59 AM
    I swapped from ios to bb7 and couldnt be happier so this is just another troll topic..
    03-06-12 07:11 AM
    Guys, read the OP's first post properly, don't just respond to the title.
    03-06-12 07:27 AM
    Whats hilarious yet a little bit sad is the number of people that have responded just to the title without bothering to even read what Ive written.

Confucius say, 'Man who jump to conclusion on internet forum is like man who has large breasts attached behind him - Looking back, he feel miiiiighty stupid'
    03-06-12 08:25 AM
    Whats hilarious yet a little bit sad is the number of people that have responded just to the title without bothering to even read what Ive written.

Confucius say, 'Man who jump to conclusion on internet forum is like man who has large breasts attached behind him - Looking back, he feel miiiiighty stupid'
    Maybe if your message was a little less cryptic, especially considering the nature of your earlier posts, we'd be less inclined to jump to copnclusions. I mean, face it - the thread title is a 180 from the point you eventually meandered your way around to. And it was only a few days ago you dedicated most of an entire thread - including several stubbornly defiant responses to differing opinions - bashing the entire line of BB7 devices based on a few shortcomings of one model. I would think you fully expected people would react exactly as most of us did, even invited such responses considering how you titled the thread, no? And here you are still harping on the negative responses and ignoring the positive ones, which might cause one to wonder exactly what are your intentions ...
    Mystic205 likes this.
    03-06-12 09:05 AM
    Maybe if your message was a little less cryptic, especially considering the nature of your earlier posts, we'd be less inclined to jump to copnclusions. I mean, face it - the thread title is a 180 from the point you eventually meandered your way around to. And it was only a few days ago you dedicated most of an entire thread - including several stubbornly defiant responses to differing opinions - bashing the entire line of BB7 devices based on a few shortcomings of one model. I would think you fully expected people would react exactly as most of us did, even invited such responses considering how you titled the thread, no? And here you are still harping on the negative responses and ignoring the positive ones, which might cause one to wonder exactly what are your intentions ...
    I think you're looking too deeply into things.
    I posted on another thread about how unhappy I was with certain hardware shortcomings on the flagship OS7 device which stopped me from immediately upgrading. I started this thread with the same points in the first post. I still believe this is a reason more people didn't jump in to the OS7 party, and figures appear to be backing that up.
    However I have to acknowledge that the things a BlackBerry does well, it does well so far better than anything else available that its not even funny. Ive gone with an OS7 device as my show of trust and affection for RIM despite those shortcomings, and I think its already rewarded me enough to earn my trust and commitment, plus the 9900 just looks so awesome Id probably end up buying it if it only ran DOS.
    The thread title is a 180, Ill give you that, but if people can't be bothered to read the post under the thread title thats pretty sad, no?
    Im not ignoring the positive responses at all, Ive thanked Belfastdispatchers post, but what is weird for me is even after his posts, and my likes on them, and my further comments, and your comment, people are still continuing to post replies based solely on the title of the thread! Which means, not only haven't they read my initial post clearly, but they also haven't bothered to read the posts just prior to them posting their response to the title. To me, that speaks volumes about certain posters being trigger happy or too quick to jump to conclusions.
    Re me being 'stubbornly defiant', honestly mate, let it go. I resisted the temptation to post back to you on that thread when you told me, a fellow BlackBerry user and aficionado, to leave, saying, 'Bye now' when I simply disagreed with your opinion. Then you posted in other threads about how unbiased and objective you are!
    Im beginning to think theres 2 possibilities here,
    1: Theres a load of 10 year old children posting on here, for and against BlackBerries, which makes me feel stupid for posting as well
    2: Theres a load of adults posting the way Id expect a 10 year old to post, without even bothering to read the content of posts before jumping to the standard response: 'Troll!', and sadly, I think Im guilty of several posts that fit in this category

Either way, I think I need to cut back on my site visits and posts, I love my BlackBerry, I wish the premier BlackBerry fan site wasnt filled with quite as many numpties both in support of and against this technological marvel.

Then again, I bet the same can be said of all fanboy sites, I just haven't felt the need to visit any before because I haven't found any gadget Ive bought as awesome as my BlackBerry-PlayBook combo. Maybe I just can't handle the internet!
    03-06-12 09:41 AM
    Its a great device. Get it for those who haven't. You can always sell it later when and if you want to upgrade.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-06-12 09:46 AM
    Bottom line: glad you got a 9900 and are enjoying it. Glad you agree that its acknowledged deficiencies are pretty far outweighed by the things it does so well. Beyond that, I'm more than willing to let the other bygones be bygones if you are.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-06-12 09:51 AM
    Although clear calls might also be a function of reception, I have found that my 9900 seems to be clearer than my 9810 was.
    Of course, they're on different carriers, so can't really tell.
    I love this device.
    The sound is crisp and clear. I have a few gadgets with me (galaxy note with doubletwist player, and ipad,ipod with the music player) with the same headphones (a-jays four) and I notice the difference.
    03-06-12 09:52 AM
    I think you're looking too deeply into things.
    I posted on another thread about how unhappy I was with certain hardware shortcomings on the flagship OS7 device which stopped me from immediately upgrading. I started this thread with the same points in the first post. I still believe this is a reason more people didn't jump in to the OS7 party, and figures appear to be backing that up.
    However I have to acknowledge that the things a BlackBerry does well, it does well so far better than anything else available that its not even funny. Ive gone with an OS7 device as my show of trust and affection for RIM despite those shortcomings, and I ...
    You made a judgement and then you troll abit and then you are back.. as long as it ends well and all of us are into BB in the end, then we are all in the right forum and we are good. Most if not all member here would think the same way I believe
    03-06-12 09:57 AM
    Bottom line: glad you got a 9900 and are enjoying it. Glad you agree that its acknowledged deficiencies are pretty far outweighed by the things it does so well. Beyond that, I'm more than willing to let the other bygones be bygones if you are.
    Sounds like a plan
    I can't say Im enjoying the 9900 yet because it hasn't arrived yet sadly. Im told tomorrow is a lock for the delivery.
    Cant wait. Its wrong to want a keyboard this bad.
    Had a mini dream about the keyboard + touchscreen combo last night. Oh yes, Im very much a nerd.
    03-06-12 10:07 AM
    Issues with my 9800 had me so fed up, I was shopping around for a used iPhone. I found a 9810, decided to try it. LOVE OS7. BB10 OS is still so far away, and still not confirmed that it will be relased in the fall, OS7 is definately superior to OS6 in every way. Choice is clear to me...

Unless you are cash-strapped, it is NOT a waste of money. You will not be dissapointed.
    03-06-12 10:17 AM
    Sounds like a plan
    I can't say Im enjoying the 9900 yet because it hasn't arrived yet sadly. Im told tomorrow is a lock for the delivery.
    Cant wait. Its wrong to want a keyboard this bad.
    Had a mini dream about the keyboard + touchscreen combo last night. Oh yes, Im very much a nerd.
    Alright then, glad you decided on a 9900 ... I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed. The keyboard is a dream, and the touch screen is icing on the cake. Just don't try to take detailed close-ups of your cuticles and you should be alright. I'll be very interested to hear your feedback now when you do get it.
    03-06-12 10:33 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD