BlackBerry first launched Z3 in Indonesia and later followed by other countries like Hong kong, India, Malaysia, South Africa and Nigeria, (i might omit some countries, pardon me) ever since then, i have not heard any news about other countries where Z3 should be launched. I was expecting blackberry to launch Z3 country by country to make the phone available to as many people as possible. But this is not the case. What about the rumoured LTE version meant for Europe and North America? What about the sale figure to determine if the Z3 is successful in the countries where it was launched? I need your input please!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:17 AM
    The Z3 has been available in South Africa for about a week or two. Initial stock in the first store I saw the Z3 at was sold out in a week. They had a very small number of devices, 10, if the guy I spoke to is to be believed. The store chain is national though and the Z3 was apparently sold out at every store. That may not be a big number of devices but it's better than Z3 phones sitting on shelves.

For what it's worth, I've started to see a lot more folk getting Z10s but it is selling for less than the Z3 so that is to be expected. A higher spec BlackBerry for sale next to the Z3 but for less money, which would you buy?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:19 AM
    I hope they sell all the over stock of z10's so that they can make a new updated version with all of the improvements of the z30 and the Passport

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:28 AM
    Not going to happen. Just like BlackBerry stopped publishing the BBM adoption rate once it fell off the cliff. Hopefully the Z3 at least keeps BlackBerry afloat
    08-10-14 08:50 AM
    Same sad news in Manila, Philippines. Local carriers and retail stores have stopped carrying BlackBerry phones when BlackBerry pulled out of the local market late 2013.

I was surprised to see BlackBerry "officially" launch the Z3 here, complete with the usual media junket, based on local tech newsfeeds. So I suppose BlackBerry retained one employee as sort of a liaison after pulling out last year. To date, I've seen only one Z3 in one retail store. I still don't see them in carriers' stores. A true pity. I hope that if they do launch the Passport and Classic locally, it will be more than a feeble attempt like with the Z3.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:40 AM
    Singapore next.
    08-10-14 11:43 AM
    Same sad news in Manila, Philippines. Local carriers and retail stores have stopped carrying BlackBerry phones when BlackBerry pulled out of the local market late 2013.

I was surprised to see BlackBerry "officially" launch the Z3 here, complete with the usual media junket, based on local tech newsfeeds. So I suppose BlackBerry retained one employee as sort of a liaison after pulling out last year. To date, I've seen only one Z3 in one retail store. I still don't see them in carriers' stores. A true pity. I hope that if they do launch the Passport and Classic locally, it will be more than a feeble attempt like with the Z3.

Posted via CB10
    Globe and Smart may launch them but possibly via their business plans.

I was willing to try out a Z3 but since Globe didn't have it, I ended up with an LG G2 Mini.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-18-14 09:37 PM
    Just launched in Egypt

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:45 PM
    Out of stock in South Africa according to the people I've spoken to in the stores I saw the phones in.
    08-20-14 04:46 PM
    Out of stock in South Africa according to the people I've spoken to in the stores I saw the phones in.
    Yeah like the Q10 was
    08-20-14 08:01 PM
    I just noticed today that almost every time I was in the car there was some advertising or mention of the new BlackBerry Z3 on the radio.

I'm quite certain that the number of new Z3 devices sold is rather small but it is great to hear BlackBerry on the air as often as I've heard them mentioned.
    08-23-14 04:19 PM