10.3.1 gives flash the tombstone but will there be a sort of flash like on iOS supposedly? Because if no flash at tall that means not seeing any in videos while Web browsing and no Amazon video streaming. :S

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:24 PM
    really? no flash and we can never watch videos in the browser? I can watch them. Are you sure you need flash for that?
    11-04-14 07:33 PM
    Videos when opened will play through the built in player also there are good alternatives for flash eg. flash fox and puffin Web browser.

Flash fox https://app.box.com/s/4io7w8no5g0ydbyej2b2

Puffin. https://app.box.com/s/asv4q3pwafcmf840bqbz ps don't update puffin the new version doesn't won't....do enjoy

Z30 Beast on Roids..C00463C72
    11-04-14 07:46 PM
    ^ are those apps? If so, are they in bbw? If not, then that stinks. A lot of people don't know about 3rd party flash apps and won't go through anything more than checking the app store(s).

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:06 PM
    Also, some videos say something like, upgrade flash player to play.

And on 10.3 or 10.3.1 flash is supposedly gone.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:07 PM
    ^ are those apps? If so, are they in bbw? If not, then that stinks. A lot of people don't know about 3rd party flash apps and won't go through anything more than checking the app store(s).

Posted via CB10
    Yes both are apps

11-04-14 10:23 PM
    really? no flash and we can never watch videos in the browser? I can watch them. Are you sure you need flash for that?
    A lot of content on the web still uses flash but a lot of the videos also play in HTML5.

Overall it definitely limits the web experience more than necessary, since flash was available before on the BB10 devices.

Videos when opened will play through the built in player also there are good alternatives for flash eg. flash fox and puffin Web browser.

Flash fox https://app.box.com/s/4io7w8no5g0ydbyej2b2

Puffin. https://app.box.com/s/asv4q3pwafcmf840bqbz ps don't update puffin the new version doesn't won't....do enjoy

Don't get me wrong, but I have no idea who you are, who made those apps and if those apps have been tinkered with.

As a general rule on the Internet, those are signs for me to NEVER even click on the link.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 02:52 AM
    A lot of content on the web still uses flash but a lot of the videos also play in HTML5.

Overall it definitely limits the web experience more than necessary, since flash was available before on the BB10 devices.

Don't get me wrong, but I have no idea who you are, who made those apps and if those apps have been tinkered with.

As a general rule on the Internet, those are signs for me to NEVER even click on the link.

Posted via CB10
    Ok good for u

11-05-14 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Guess you don't really understand the security of BB
    damienR likes this.
    11-05-14 09:25 AM
    Guess you don't really understand the security of BB
    So BlackBerry protects you from apps that have been tinkered with, coming from unknown 3rd party sources?

I think that you are the one who misunderstands something here about BlackBerry's security.

Since those are provided through Box, they are pretty surely Android apps.
    And since BlackBerry doesn't even allow the editing of Android app permissions, you can't even deny them, if you want to use the app.

So yeah, you definitely misunderstand something about the security aspect here.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:14 AM