I am having a problem with my phone - whenever I am not connected to Wifi my "Mobile Network" goes down and the phone says "No Service".
    The only way to get the phone will function is when the Wifi is one and connected
    It is not that the phone is running on Wifi. But when I go to "Manage Connections" Next to "Mobile Networks" it just shows like "on" and the standby line ( not sure what is called)
    Once I turn WiFi on the "Mobile Network" turns green and it shows TMobile and I have service.
    Once the Wifi is not connected my mobile network goes down and says "searching for network" and a few seconds it shows "No Service"
    I've done everything I could think of and nothing has worked.
    10-06-11 09:21 PM
    Have you tried to reload your OS or a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 09:36 PM
    it just sounds like you have little to no service in that location and the only way to connecte to RIM BIS services is through UMA/wifi. have you always had bad service in this location?

learn to include vital info for us to help you. phone, OS, location etc.
    10-06-11 10:10 PM
    Call your carrier and have them run a check on their end for tower/provisioning issues. You could also have them check your blackberry for any hardware defects too.

10-06-11 11:08 PM
    Call your carrier and have them run a check on their end for tower/provisioning issues. You could also have them check your blackberry for any hardware defects too.

When I connect my SIM card to another BlackBerry it works fine.

it just sounds like you have little to no service in that location and the only way to connecte to RIM BIS services is through UMA/wifi. have you always had bad service in this location?

learn to include vital info for us to help you. phone, OS, location etc.
    I have another BlackBerry and it works fine. It isn't the service because it is anywhere that I am - it does not work. It is something weird with the phone. Right now that I am home and I turn on my wifi and once it connects then the mobile service works fine and I see signal bars.

I have an 8320
    Have you tried to reload your OS or a battery pull.

I've tried both and nothing worked.
    10-07-11 12:45 AM
    then it sure sounds like a hardware issue with the phone.
    10-07-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD