Last night I tried 2 reply 2 an email about the Lakers/Celtics game. I got hit with this message.

No Message Services Configured. You will only be able to save draft.

Not sure if this has anything 2 do with it, but I was messing around trying 2 get yahoo messenger working on my att phone. That works, but now this. I have had the curve 4 about a month. No issues like this b4. Any ideas?
    06-13-08 07:01 AM
    goto options, advanced options, host routing tables, highlight bold entry and press menu, select register now. try battery pull with power on as well, these will refresh/resend service books to the phone
    06-13-08 07:19 AM
    Hi, I tried doing the steps on your post since I am experiencing the same issue. But it did not work with me.

I am using a BB Pearl 8100. I do not have any plans but I know I can send and receive sms on my sim card (Smart).

I do not have an option to create SMS only compose email. I do not have any option to reply to SMS as well.

I am getting the error, "NO MESSAGE SERVICES CONFIGURED. YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SAVE DRAFT."

Please help.
    08-14-11 01:08 AM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan (BIS) in order to use push email and Yahoo Messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 01:12 AM
    Sounds like your phone does not recognize that there is an email configured for the phone. I am fairly sure this is an error you get when you try to email from an app, and it tries to use the native email but none are setup yet. if you do have one setup, verify its setting and possibly try removing it and readding
    08-14-11 01:24 AM
    Thanks for the response.

Do I really need to configure an email for my phone in order for me to send text or SMS?

Where can I get a BIS? I am with Smart Communications.
    08-14-11 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD