One of these days I'm going to compile a complete list of all these threads in here and every time I see a new one pop up I'm going to post all the links at once. Maybe then people will get the point.
    But then you won't be able to post a comment in each and every one.
    07-08-10 07:43 AM
    Guess you'll have to change your name from BOLDSUPERFAN.
    07-08-10 07:46 AM
    The "letter" was very childish and would be totally laughed at by anyone at RIM that viewed it. To think that anyone in upper level management in ANY company would respond to something so weak and pointless would be totally delusional.

Go get an iphone. Then when you're not happy with that piece of crap let's see the letter you write Steve Jobs about how unhappy you are.
    07-08-10 07:56 AM
    If you like apples eat them, if you like oranges eat them. I'm not going to complain to the apple farmer that I don't like them so they need to grow different flavored ones. I just don't buy or eat them.
    07-08-10 07:57 AM
    Good for you man! Its about time someone stood up to RIM!

I bet you get a free phone and RIM will totally rethink their phones, themes, and apps. They certainly wouldn't want to lose you, or anyone else for that matter, due to their phones not having enough "cool apps".

/sarcasm

You want to play games? Get a PS3. You want games on the go? Get a PSP.
    07-08-10 08:51 AM
    I am no longer a fan of Blackberry. The following is the email I sent to the only email address even close to emailing the CEO ([email protected]); however, there technical support would not even forward it. I have been patiently waiting for improvements to the phone, but I am done with Blackberry.

[COLOR="Blue"]I would like the following forwarded to your company president and other upper level management if possible:

I currently use a Blackberry bold 900 through AT&T which I have had since November 2, 2008. In two (2) days I will be eligible for an equipment upgrade. I wanted you to know I seriously doubt I will choose another Blackberry phone.

The reason for my aversion to another Blackberry is you and AT&T have done little, if anything, to keep my Bold updated with new software, new apps, and new capabilities.

There was an unofficial release of 5.0 operating software for the phone. I had to revert back to 4.6 due to bugs in the software even though the phone was enhanced with new ringtone profiles.I have read 6.0 will be released later this year, but it will not be available for the Bold.
    As for the lack of a software update, you blame At&T and they blame you. Playing the blame game does not solve the problem.

Unlike Apple's Iphone, there is no cool new apps and due to the phone only having 128mb available for apps, a person can only have 10 or fewer really good apps on the phone anyway.
    I would think your technical geniuses could have figured a way to allow apps to be stored on a microSD card.

No new themes have been released by your company and the ones available do not let you view messages in a format that works best for the user.

In summary, I want to know why you folks think anyone would stay with Blackberry when they have not supported nor improved the phones we users already have?

I understand a new 9800 model is expected to give iphone a run for its money later, but will not be released until September. My question is why should I wait until then when I can upgrade to the iphone in 2 days? If I upgrade to a 9700, I will not be able to upgrade to the 9800 without paying full price; therefore, what incentive can you offer me to stay with Blackberry?

In closing, if I do not get a personal reply from your president or an upper level manager, I will assume you do not care if your share of the smartphone market continues to decline and I will obtain a phone from one of your competitors.

Thank you.
    Boy you really let them have it. <crickets>

Where did you get that template for your letter, anyway? You should never use it again.
    07-08-10 08:55 AM
    Is this some kind of joke?
    07-08-10 09:12 AM
    Is this some kind of joke?
    No, man, it's a "consumer" tearing RIM a new one for not having enough "cool apps," lol.
    07-08-10 09:14 AM
    I can tell you now, in my company when we get letters like that they are passed around for a chuckle. What we say not only goes for us, but also RIM. Here it is:

(in response to I don't like your hardware I'm switching)
    Go right ahead, you already paid for it and it means nothing to us.
    *laughter from the staff*

And I am quite serious about this. We don't do it when the owners are around but otherwise all levels of workers and management think it's funny every time.
    I'm sure people will stop chuckling once they start getting laid off because their company keeps customers .
    07-08-10 09:28 AM
    Lol some people make me laugh, like this thread and those that think RIM will be at Palms stock level at the end of the year. Seriously? As a writer that letter gave me an analogy of someone buying a Tom Clancy novel and then emailing him to demand that he write more like Stephen King other wise he will have to read the competitions books. And I have 15 apps on my phone and still have 90 MB left so the OP is definitely wrong on that one on having ten apps only (paraphrased by me, obviously).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 01:16 PM
    And I have 15 apps on my phone and still have 90 MB left ...
    How do I see what mine is? Is it the "file free" in Options>Status? (Mine says 43259268 Bytes.)
    07-08-10 01:34 PM
    How do I see what mine is? Is it the "file free" in Options>Status? (Mine says 43259268 Bytes.)
    Yes, then divide by 1024 to get Mb. Most of us round it off to 1000 for a quick estimate of 43 Mb.
    07-08-10 03:51 PM
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    07-08-10 03:54 PM
    You could contact RIM Investor Relations (519) 888-7465 [email protected] and tell them you are dumping their stock. If you have any.
    07-08-10 03:58 PM
    Yes, then divide by 1024 to get Mb. Most of us round it off to 1000 for a quick estimate of 43 Mb.
    Thank you. That's what mine normally runs after a reboot.
    07-08-10 03:59 PM
    That would give you kilobytes.
    07-08-10 04:53 PM
    To make it easier everyone uses 1000.

Bytes to Kilobytes = divide by 1000

Kilobytes to Megabytes = divide by 1000

43259268 Bytes = 43259.27 KB = 43.26 MB

My Bold 9000 is showing:
    19323218 Bytes = 19.3 MB (it is actually 18.4, though if you divide by 1024 and then 1024 again). When I go to Options then Memory it shows 18.4.

07-08-10 07:20 PM
    Man the letter should change the game for sure! I betcha RIM is throwing papers in the air, trippin' over chairs/cords, yelling at their co-worker to get to work ASAP as we have a disgruntled customer and" he" is not happy and" he" is thee " one" we need to make happy!

Oh how RIM shall meet their demise with such a well thought out letter, lol!

07-08-10 07:43 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD