I am no longer a fan of Blackberry. The following is the email I sent to the only email address even close to emailing the CEO ([email protected]); however, there technical support would not even forward it. I have been patiently waiting for improvements to the phone, but I am done with Blackberry.

[COLOR="Blue"]I would like the following forwarded to your company president and other upper level management if possible:

I currently use a Blackberry bold 900 through AT&T which I have had since November 2, 2008. In two (2) days I will be eligible for an equipment upgrade. I wanted you to know I seriously doubt I will choose another Blackberry phone.

The reason for my aversion to another Blackberry is you and AT&T have done little, if anything, to keep my Bold updated with new software, new apps, and new capabilities.

There was an unofficial release of 5.0 operating software for the phone. I had to revert back to 4.6 due to bugs in the software even though the phone was enhanced with new ringtone profiles.I have read 6.0 will be released later this year, but it will not be available for the Bold.
    As for the lack of a software update, you blame At&T and they blame you. Playing the blame game does not solve the problem.

Unlike Apple's Iphone, there is no cool new apps and due to the phone only having 128mb available for apps, a person can only have 10 or fewer really good apps on the phone anyway.
    I would think your technical geniuses could have figured a way to allow apps to be stored on a microSD card.

No new themes have been released by your company and the ones available do not let you view messages in a format that works best for the user.

In summary, I want to know why you folks think anyone would stay with Blackberry when they have not supported nor improved the phones we users already have?

I understand a new 9800 model is expected to give iphone a run for its money later, but will not be released until September. My question is why should I wait until then when I can upgrade to the iphone in 2 days? If I upgrade to a 9700, I will not be able to upgrade to the 9800 without paying full price; therefore, what incentive can you offer me to stay with Blackberry?

In closing, if I do not get a personal reply from your president or an upper level manager, I will assume you do not care if your share of the smartphone market continues to decline and I will obtain a phone from one of your competitors.

Thank you.
    07-07-10 10:24 PM
    I doubt that reaches anyone... and maybe you should have referred to your phone as the 9000, not the 900. After saying that, I wish you good luck. By the way... nice first post.
    07-07-10 10:31 PM
    Proof read it FIRST, but try submitting your letter via Planetfeedback.com, they will get it to RIM and/or your carrier's upper management. BUT Proof read first you have a few typos.

Good luck
    07-07-10 10:34 PM
    You might also approach it from a point of what do they want? long term customers, repeat sales etc, rather than from what you want. Good Luck with it.
    07-07-10 10:37 PM
    I don't mind taking care of the Bold my friend let me know if you're considering parting with it.
    07-07-10 10:40 PM
    I understand your frustration, I think a change in carrier's might be in order, I have an 8330m, & 9650 Bold, with no problem's, & also hearing very few complaint's from other BB user's w/Sprint. I used to be with AT&T, & switched because of slow/poor performance.
    07-07-10 10:53 PM
    keep in mind that the OS that you were trying to install was not official. so the fact that you knew that, is your problem by doing it that. also why do you care so much about themes? if themes are really what defines a blackberry in your opinion then you need to do some research on why the blackberry was invented in the first place. On the other hand, i do agree with the application memory. all in all i love my blackberry. i switched to the iphone for 2 months and came back to blackberry, and i could not be happier. I wish you the best of luck on finding the phone that is right for you.
    07-07-10 11:00 PM
    if you have trouble finding apps then maybe the iphone is good for you.
    07-07-10 11:24 PM
    If you want to send RIM an email then go ahead no one is stopping you but why create a thread about it?
    07-07-10 11:31 PM
    This is some what pointless, because I was in the same boat, and I just decided to dump Blackberry and get an iPhone. Not once did I feel like writing a letter to a company who could care less about my needs. Since getting an iPhone, I don't regret my decision.
    07-07-10 11:31 PM
    I have no issues with my 9000. It is an older device, so I do not expect that new updated OSes are available for it.

Additionally, I have no issues with 5.0.0.681 from Optus Mobile. There is no need to wait for one's carrier to offer an official upgrade. As long as you delete the vendor .xml file, any carrier's OS will work.

I will stick with BlackBerry when my contract expires next year; however, I will probably switch from AT&T to T-Mobile. My 9000 is unlocked, so it will be a great backup device.
    07-07-10 11:32 PM
    You will be back to a blackberry down the road.
    07-08-10 12:21 AM
    RIM is a joke. They really don't take customers seriously anymore. Its really sad because I think RIM is a good company but their business focused model has gotten on my nerves. I was hoping to see OS 6 soon but I see nothing for the next 4-5 months. By then their stock will probably be Palm level. I been looking for an Iphone 4. I see more hope in iphone brand than the Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 01:29 AM
    Why must everything be compared to the iPhone?!!! Rims competitive strategy is not the same as Apples, that is CLEAR! Get the iPhone friend, as consumers not buying is the best protest you can give a company. I'm I the only one in the world who does not think so highly of the iPhone that everyone must be in direct competition? I'm just wondering.
    07-08-10 01:36 AM
    One of these days I'm going to compile a complete list of all these threads in here and every time I see a new one pop up I'm going to post all the links at once. Maybe then people will get the point.
    07-08-10 01:55 AM
    RIM is a joke. They really don't take customers seriously anymore. Its really sad because I think RIM is a good company but their business focused model has gotten on my nerves. I was hoping to see OS 6 soon but I see nothing for the next 4-5 months. By then their stock will probably be Palm level. I been looking for an Iphone 4. I see more hope in iphone brand than the Blackberry.

Then go ahead and switch to an iPhone. No one really cares.
    07-08-10 01:56 AM
    I doubt that reaches anyone... and maybe you should have referred to your phone as the 9000, not the 900. After saying that, I wish you good luck. By the way... nice first post.
    I can tell you now, in my company when we get letters like that they are passed around for a chuckle. What we say not only goes for us, but also RIM. Here it is:

(in response to I don't like your hardware I'm switching)
    Go right ahead, you already paid for it and it means nothing to us.
    *laughter from the staff*

And I am quite serious about this. We don't do it when the owners are around but otherwise all levels of workers and management think it's funny every time.
    07-08-10 01:57 AM
    These threads are getting annoying. What do you expect the upper management of RIM to do? Respond to your poorly constructed email begging you to come back?
    07-08-10 02:13 AM
    Omg after reading that, I hope he does leave RIM for good. If RIM doesn't cut off customers like that, it would slow down their customer service line having to deal with that kind of attitude.

Go bug Steve Job now little boy.
    07-08-10 03:14 AM
    ...or better yet go find Santa Clause and ask him for an iPhone for Christmas that way us Blackberry users can be at peace.
    07-08-10 03:20 AM
    I highly doubt RIM will forward this. It seems more like a personal issue to me. I'm sure your phone can install more than 10 applications. I had over 30 applications installed on my old Curve 8330, and it had less memory.
    BlackBerry does not have as many applications as the others, but all of the ones I have installed have been very useful applications that I use often. No matter how many applications are out there, most users are probably going to install about 30-50 applications on their phone anyway. You're comparing your model to the new iPhone that just came out, and seem upset that you would have to upgrade. That's like someone with an iPhone 1st generation getting upset because they don't have the features of the iPhone 4.
    Hate to say it....your Email will get nowhere.

07-08-10 06:57 AM
    I like that he blames RIM for not making more themes. There is a whole section on this message board with themes to download for days to try out.
    07-08-10 07:07 AM
    I can tell you now, in my company when we get letters like that they are passed around for a chuckle. What we say not only goes for us, but also RIM. Here it is:

(in response to I don't like your hardware I'm switching)
    Go right ahead, you already paid for it and it means nothing to us.
    *laughter from the staff*

And I am quite serious about this. We don't do it when the owners are around but otherwise all levels of workers and management think it's funny every time.
    Remind me to not send hate letters to your company haha.

This thread is dying. OP might of got more respect if it wasnt his first post.

lol.
    07-08-10 07:19 AM
    I like that he blames RIM for not making more themes. There is a whole section on this message board with themes to download for days to try out.
    So true. RIM has even developed an application that you can install to your PC so we're able to create our very own themes.

07-08-10 07:22 AM
    If I was the ceo, that letter would end up in the shredder (if it was on paper) or deleted (if it were an email.) I can't take anyone who speaks of "cool apps" seriously. If I responded at all, it would be via telegram with the following message: "Don't flounce, just bounce. Stop."
    07-08-10 07:43 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD