Question - for those of you do not have a landline, do you carry your BB everywhere in the house? Or do you have some sort of bluetooth cordless phones that run off your BB? I will be cancelling my landline soon; I'm trying to decide whether the investment into a bluetooth cordless phone system would be worth it?
    05-18-08 08:34 PM
    I'm a BB addict so I carry it around the house. I don't leave any room without it.
    05-18-08 08:36 PM
    ALWAYS on me. Shirt pocket, or Holster. Always.
    05-18-08 08:47 PM
    in the pocket
    05-18-08 08:56 PM
    always on me, in my pocket or in my holster
    05-18-08 08:57 PM
    At my desk, I however wear the bluetooth head set most of the time if I'm expecting a call.
    05-18-08 09:11 PM
    Always clipped on my belt in the holster.
    05-18-08 09:12 PM
    Honestly? I cannot imagine not having a landline. Too much can go wrong with cell services.

I see horror stories at work all the time of people with cell only, no landline, who for whatever reason have service issues and are angry that quite often, a landline would have prevented it - good example, repair for the DSL where they have to be off the computer to help diagnose it. Don't get pissy with me that you are using minutes, you should have thought of that before disconnecting your home from reliable communcation. I would have to think that if something happened to my phone, my home is cut off.
    05-18-08 09:14 PM
    Always in my holster on my belt or within headsets reach
    Haven't had a land line in 2 years never had an issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 11:19 PM
    My phone is always on me- I haven't had a landline in close to 10 years.
    05-18-08 11:55 PM
    i generally leave it on the bar between our kitchen and living room. its a pretty central location so i can hear it whenever it goes off. however, if i go outside to smoke or something, i always carry it with me. if i dont have pockets, i stuff it in my bra, as weird as that is.
    05-19-08 11:35 AM
    I haven't had a landline in years. Mine is in my hand and goes to every room with me.
    05-19-08 11:36 AM
    No landline either, it is always with me
    05-19-08 05:54 PM
    No landline. I have it "near" me at all times, and I can hear it a few rooms away. The reception kind of sucks at home though.
    05-19-08 05:55 PM
    No LandLine Here, Just 2 Cell Phones

One Is For Business (BlackBerry)
    The Other Is For Personal Use
    05-19-08 06:15 PM
    I keep it on the coffee table at all times. We don't have a big place so I can generally hear it wherever I am. I take it with me if I leave the house.
    05-19-08 10:08 PM
    I've been thinking about doing this for a couple of years, does anyone know if you can port a landline # to a cell phone?

05-19-08 10:37 PM
    what's a landline?! LOL, kiddng. I take my phone with me everywhere I go in the house and I mean everywhere. I havent had a landline since 2001.

05-19-08 11:00 PM
    I've been thinking about doing this for a couple of years, does anyone know if you can port a landline # to a cell phone?

Not sure how it works with Verizon, but the US Telco I represent (Qwest - partnering with Verizon actually in the near future) you can in some cases. Some companies have two databases for available numbers, lockline and wireless. I do know you can't usually port a cell number to a lockline.
    05-19-08 11:03 PM
    Qwest & vzw.. Wow, that's huge here. I'll give them a call later.
    Qwest & vzw, I'd almost go to dsl for that, hmmmm.
    Thanks.

05-19-08 11:07 PM
    Yep.

I'll actually go post a thread with the information. It's HUGE. Customers are pissed that they just reupped their contracts but we didn't know it was coming, it was a rumour. As it stands, current customers can sign up for a 1 year contract and any existing handsets, when the time comes, will be replaced with a Verizon handset of choice.
    05-20-08 12:10 AM
    Honestly? I cannot imagine not having a landline. Too much can go wrong with cell services.
    Haven't had a landline for 10 years now. BB is with me at all times.

To be honest with the aging landline infrastructure I have found my cell to be more reliable. I have two friends who have been without their landline for a month or more now because the local phone provider (one cable, one traditional phone company) can't figure out what's wrong with the line. Another friends landline has an extreme amount of static when its used, guess what the local tel-co can't figure out the problem either. If it weren't for gate and door control he wouldn't have a landline.
    05-20-08 12:26 AM
    Been using a phone that hooks up by BT for a year or two. (Uniden ELBT595--discontinued but probably still available on EBay or elsewhere on line). The BT connection works better with my Curve than my old Razr. I almost never use the landline but still hesistate to drop it, mainly for emergencies. Dial 911 on a landline and even if you're too bad off to give your address the operator gets a read-out with your address. Most modern cells do broadcast their position if you dial 911 but it's still not as precise. Could cost a couple of minutes you can't afford to lose.
    05-20-08 12:48 AM
    Maybe it's different in Canada - I can't remember the last time we had a landline problem. Thank god for them, in the Ice Storm 98 we would have been screwed, no power for 4+ days and collapsed towers and power grids meant landlines were pretty much the only thing working.
    05-20-08 12:48 AM
    My sister has one of the cordless blue tooth enabled phones and they work great, she just syncs it and the it rings on the cordless phone instead of the bb.

05-20-08 12:57 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD