Hi everyone!

Ive been reading these forums for a while now, and have always found everything i needed....until now. I cant for the life of me get my GPS to work. Not with Telenav, google maps, nothing. I've spent a combined total of 4 hours with sprint customer care, where they are normally pretty helpful, they have been less than useless this time around. Ive reset the GPS, done a battery pull, had my service books resent 3 times. I'm beginning to think it may be a problem with the hardware itself, but wanted to check with all you knowledgeable folks before i shell out for a new curve. thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    02-13-09 10:50 PM
    Do you have a syncing point to which you had gps on your pc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 12:10 AM
    What did the reps have you try? Let us know that, and that way we don't have you try the same thing.

02-14-09 12:16 AM
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I've never had it hooked up to my laptop to function as GPS that way, I've only attempted to use it as a stand alone. i was able to connect once and the voice prompts were working and everything, but that only lasted about 30 sec. before i got the same old message about there being no gps available and to move into the open, i was in an open parking lot at the time, and I live in Vegas, we don't exactly have a lot of trees here to block the signal haha
    02-14-09 12:45 AM
    The sprint reps have really only tried the battery pull and resending the service books, things i had already done myself. Other than that they haven't had any more gems for me. eventually they always give up trying to help me after all the easy fixes fail, and tell me that there is a "GPS outage" which effects all blackberrys, even though all the people i know with blackberrys are having no problems haha.
    02-14-09 12:51 AM
    The sprint reps have really only tried the battery pull and resending the service books, things i had already done myself. Other than that they haven't had any more gems for me. eventually they always give up trying to help me after all the easy fixes fail, and tell me that there is a "GPS outage" which effects all blackberrys, even though all the people i know with blackberrys are having no problems haha.
    I had this problem in New York, it could be associated with your OS, i fixed my problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling it.......hope it gets fixed
    02-14-09 01:19 AM
    I had this problem in New York, it could be associated with your OS, i fixed my problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling it.......hope it gets fixed
    Yeah thats what i thought too. i got the phone with OS 4.3 and the gps didn't work, so i got antsy waiting for OS 4.5 to be released for sprint, in hopes that the update may fix my problems, so i went with a sprint pre release 4.5 and then finally the official release (FINALLY!!!) still didn't help though.
    02-14-09 01:30 AM
    Yeah thats what i thought too. i got the phone with OS 4.3 and the gps didn't work, so i got antsy waiting for OS 4.5 to be released for sprint, in hopes that the update may fix my problems, so i went with a sprint pre release 4.5 and then finally the official release (FINALLY!!!) still didn't help though.
    Try Deleting it from your phone by going to advance settings, then instal it again by clicking on the icon from your home screen. After it reinstall reboot your phone that may work...........but it sounds like a defective phone i would take it to a sprint store
    02-14-09 01:40 AM
    No matter what, it is still single-mode assisted-GPS. As such, the bandwidth & data costs are huge.

I've not seen any guarantee by Sprint promising full GPS functionality.

With a-GPS, the costs to access the full functionality quickly exceed the cost of the plan you have.

I'd not be surprised to find that Sprint has stopped the access & the CSRs aren't bright enough to figure it out.

02-14-09 02:25 AM
    No matter what, it is still single-mode assisted-GPS. As such, the bandwidth & data costs are huge.

I've not seen any guarantee by Sprint promising full GPS functionality.

With a-GPS, the costs to access the full functionality quickly exceed the cost of the plan you have.

I'd not be surprised to find that Sprint has stopped the access & the CSRs aren't bright enough to figure it out.

I think I'm going to just have to make a trip down to the sprint store and have them check this thing out. I've done everything i can think of, and everything that all you helpful people have thought of (Thanks!). Until i get the time to make it to a store I will probably research this a little bit more, and get on the blower with sprint and grill them for some answers. Thank you all for your help, and if you somehow find the magic cure all fix for me, feel free to let me know haha. again, thanks guys.
    02-14-09 02:42 AM
    Hi, I'm not sure if this will help or not....homescreen/options/advanced options/gps/turn on gps(location)
    I didn't see anyone offer that so maybe worth a shot. Wish you well in getting it sorted.

02-14-09 09:20 PM
    options/advanced/applications/gmaps/ edit permissions allow interactions.
    03-05-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD