I've run the stock OS, .448, .480, and now the .570 and I can't get google maps to lock. Phone locks on gps set up and all other apps. I don't care for bb maps as it does not show all the street names. I've deleted and installed multiple times. Does anyone have or know a fix for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 06:41 PM
    Kind of an obvious question but do you have a good view of the sky when trying google maps? I can get the signal from inside my house but not always.
    05-23-11 09:00 PM
    I've tried it at home, at work, various other places....inside and outside. All to no avail. I've done it in the midst of a few trees and buildings to no trees and buildings. Nothing.

05-23-11 09:05 PM
    The GPS lock isn't always instantaneous and I've got to say I've seen it take good 5 minutes to lock once.

How long do you usualy wait?
    05-23-11 09:27 PM
    I've waited up to 10 minutes on a number of occasions. I used to connect within 30 seconds.

05-23-11 09:33 PM
    I'll probably wipe my bb and add google maps as my only app and see what happens from there. I would hate to think that an app is keeping my gps from locking.

05-23-11 09:35 PM
    actually, with .570, i noticed Google Maps to near instantly lock when im outside. once i opened the app, it started to load my location and say withing 30 meters, then began counting down at once until ending up at 3 meters accuracy. from the minute i opened the app, till it registered at 3 meters was no more than 10-15 seconds. i was very impressed. also, ive noticed my phone to get decent GPS lock while indoors, maybe 5 feet from windows. its the best GPS locking ive seen out of all OS's.
    05-23-11 09:38 PM
    Well I'll be darned! Let me do a battery pull and try it again.

05-23-11 09:40 PM
    Okay, so how about I did the 3rd battery pull and after that, gps locked even quicker than ever. I'm happy again. Thanks to u all for your responses and assistance.

05-23-11 09:57 PM
    Okay, so how about I did the 3rd battery pull and after that, gps locked even quicker than ever. I'm happy again. Thanks to u all for your responses and assistance.

wooooohoooo told u
    05-23-11 09:58 PM
    I had the same problem and eventually fixed it by resetting permissions for all programs and modules.

Setup -> App -> Edit Default Permissions -> Appy Defaults to All
    02-07-12 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD