I posted a week or so ago about keeping my Storm just as a phone and dropping the data plan as I was getting a blackberry through work and do not need 2 data plans. My 1st call to Verizon Customer Service said no problem at all, just call when you want to drop the data plan. So, I called last night, talked to Customer Service and they started setting it up. Got most of the way finished, then Customer Service came back on the line and said it could not be done(which is what most crackberry members had already told me). Anyway, I am going to drop the whole blackberry line, pay a $140.00 ETF fee and reactivate my old cell phone so I will have the use of a phone. Now, can I wipe my storm and sell it as a used phone, or will it ever work for someone else?
    09-23-09 12:33 PM
    Yes you can sell your phone after wiping it. I am willing to buy it if you have a decent price for the storm
    09-23-09 12:35 PM
    By all means you can sell it, it will work just fine for someone else. Before you sell it, make sure you get Verizon to release the PIN from your BIS account, so the next user can use the data features, and not receive your email.

I would also suggest taking a look into unlocking the device, which will allow people on carriers other than Verizon to use it. Wider customer base.
    09-23-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD