I have a Linksys N13171 wireless router, I have a MacBook laptop (runs OS Tiger). I can't get my BlackBerry to connect to my home network. My laptop connects without issue.

I have the network secured WEP and do have the passphrase (alpha-numeric 10 characters). Network is set to allow 10 connections. There is only one (my laptop).

This router is newer, I had an older version I was extremely familiar with, and this software is a bit different ... maybe I am missing something?

I had it set to a higher security, but changed it to WEP when there was no option for the higher security in the BlackBerry settings and reset the computer just fine.
    07-04-09 04:45 PM
    Report as sent to my e-mail from AT&T:

Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: Home
    SSID: *enter name of network here*
    AP MAC Address: *adequate*
    Security Type: WEP
    Local IP Address:
    Signal Level: -58 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps

(will alternate between this and "DHCP server is unreachable")

VPN
    Current Profile:
    Concentrator Address:
    Authentication: N/A
    Secure Device IP:

BlackBerry Infrastructure
    Connecting: Error
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
    07-04-09 05:07 PM
    Someone mentioned they thought that the N signal was an issue, so I tore apart my network and stepped it down to WEP (was WPA2 when I started) and mixed b/g only and now it works.

I recently replaced the router with a Linksys Ultra Extreme Range N router when my old Linksys G router stopped working. I didn't have a problem with my OS Tiger laptop, so I didn't think the newer BlackBerry would have an issue with the N.

But evidently it was a mixture of that and my security settings.

It's all fixed now.
    07-04-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD