While all 9850 owners know there is no love shown toward their phone by RIM (EOL etc)
    I didn't expect this lack of attention to also be shown by Crackberry.com.

The sticky for the "latest" OS for this phone is: Latest Official OS 9850 v7.1.0.163 (All Languages) Sprint

The latest offical OS is v7.1.0.402 (correct me if this is wrong)

Can our forum get a little attention please?

Thanks,

Tim

PS, I did post about this a while back in the 9850 forum but no luck getting it updated.
    05-13-12 09:10 AM
    I don't think that's a lack of love... more like a *it happens* ... but I'll try and make sure we're on it.

Best thing to do is send a PM to a mod for that when you need a new one stickied. Also, Adam tries to keep the latest OS updates page up to date pretty consistently.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os

If that ever lags... just yell at him. Thx for the patience!
    05-13-12 09:53 AM
    Amazing how quiet the 9850/9860 forum is considering how many sub forums the original storm had. I'm curious as to how many RIM sold. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 in my travels...
    05-13-12 04:29 PM
    I have a Torch.

Don't like it and will be replacing it when BB 10 comes out with a keyboard device.

Miss the old physical keyboard.
    05-13-12 04:33 PM
    I have a Torch.

Don't like it and will be replacing it when BB 10 comes out with a keyboard device.

Miss the old physical keyboard.

It was tough at first for me as well. But I have adapted to it and doing well so far.

I really feel this phone is getting the short end of the stick from RIM.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-13-12 05:24 PM
    I don't think that's a lack of love... more like a *it happens* ... but I'll try and make sure we're on it.

Best thing to do is send a PM to a mod for that when you need a new one stickied. Also, Adam tries to keep the latest OS updates page up to date pretty consistently.

Thanks Kevin.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-13-12 05:26 PM
    9850???? Can a screen shot of what it looks like be provided....don't remember if I've ever seen one
    05-13-12 05:52 PM
    Hey as long as you have a berry you have a home here!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 05:56 PM

How loud do I need to yell?

No change. We still have "Latest Official OS 9850 v7.1.0.163 (All Languages) Sprint"
    as the sticky.

The MODs must not of read your post Kevin.

Tim
    05-15-12 08:56 AM
    I always end up with one of the least popular phones. There aren't enough of us to bother with. Not a bad phone at all. I would appreciate a new leak too.
    05-15-12 09:19 AM
    JUST prior to seeing this thread I fixed it!!!!!!! check the time codes!

EDIT: I had to actually made a thread for it since the thread about the release of the OS wasn't up to our standard, so it took me a little time to copy and paste and get the correct links and all.

Edit2: Keep in mind I'm at the real job too, and I DO have a life to live! Anyways here is your thread.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-342-a-723858/
    05-15-12 10:12 AM
    JUST prior to seeing this thread I fixed it!!!!!!! check the time codes!

EDIT: I had to actually made a thread for it since the thread about the release of the OS wasn't up to our standard, so it took me a little time to copy and paste and get the correct links and all.

Edit2: Keep in mind I'm at the real job too, and I DO have a life to live! Anyways here is your thread.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-342-a-723858/
    We still think you're cool Rich. No harm done.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-15-12 10:21 AM
    I think it just made a list of "the worst phones you can buy"

The Worst Phones You Can Buy
    05-15-12 11:24 AM
    Works great for my girlfriends sister she wanted an ipony but she needed to borrow the cash. I had zero $ for an ipony she would only use for calls and never pay for data (Thailand) She has a special bis package that gives her BBM, Facebook and she loves it.
    05-15-12 11:50 AM
    I actually love the 9850/60! I'm not sure if Rogers carries them (or if my specific kiosk at the mall I always go to doesn't); but I was always considering that that would be my next device when I upgraded! I absolutely love them!
    05-15-12 11:56 AM
    I like my 9850 but wish it were larger in all dimensions. Why don't put a killer sized battery in them? I need it thick enough to put between my shoulder and ear so I can have two hands free.
    05-15-12 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD