I have a question about Boost Mobile. I know that they use Sprint/Nextel service. And I do have Sprint in my area. I was looking at boost's website as far as coverage in my area. I live in SE AZ and coverage is mainly on interstate and major areas. I'm not looking to use the Iden. I want to use the cdma coverage. But I know that sprint has coverage to towns not shown in their maps. Towns like Morenci,Az and Ray,Az. These are shown as no coverage. But I know the coverage exists to Sprint customers. Anyone here at CB be able to say for sure if there is coverage on Boost. Or will it be a gamble? I called Boost and they are uncertain on coverage. $60/mo seems reasonable but I'd hate to find out my phone is a brick once off the mapped coverage. I'm currently with VZW and have 3G everywhere. But hey, who isn't looking for a lower plan price. Any help will be appreciated. And if a mod knows where to place this thread. Please do so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 06:33 PM
    Go to Other North American carriers and post there since it isn't one of the major North American carriers.

01-18-11 06:38 PM
    Ok. Can I get a mod to move this thread. Thanks.

01-18-11 08:22 PM
    Boost is only on the sprint network, while sprint phones can use other carrier's towers as well. So, boost phones will not work everywhere sprint phones will.
    01-18-11 08:48 PM
    You usually get what you pay for....friend has boost here and gets horrible coverage, but Sprint has never been that good here.

I say you are much better off on big red unless you really need to save some money.

01-18-11 08:51 PM
    What I have noticed, as long as you are a few miles from a major interstate or freeway you will always have coverage. Funny that's how my old At&t phone was! The only time I lose signal is in the mountains, then as soon as I am back on the interstate the signal is good.

01-18-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD