Hi All,

This is a bit strange.

I have paired my 8320 with my Latitude D610 laptop using the built in Bluetooth but it doesn't show any services on the PC. Looking at the Laptop connection from the phone that doesn't show any services either.

The phone pairs OK with my car kit and my bluetooth headphones (and can use the headset and A2DP profiles)

The Laptop used to pair OK with my old Sony phone.

I would have expected to see the Blackberry services appear in the list on the PC, and atleast the headset service appear in the list on the phone

This is on Windows Vista

Am I being really stupid?!

Chris
    04-11-08 08:24 AM
    I have the same issue with my 8310 and have not found an answer yet, have you?
    04-25-08 10:18 AM
    I get the same result when I pair my 8330 with my HP Compaq nc4400 running XP SP2. The difference is, I haven't used the bluetooth on the laptop for anything, so I just assumed it wasn't properly configured. After pairing, the blackberry shows no services available on the laptop. The laptop shows the blackberry with DUN service, but when I check the box to use DUN service, I get "access denied." I haven't needed to use it and haven't researched it further, nor have I searched the forums.
    04-25-08 07:33 PM
    Hi All,

This is a bit strange.

I have paired my 8320 with my Latitude D610 laptop using the built in Bluetooth but it doesn't show any services on the PC. Looking at the Laptop connection from the phone that doesn't show any services either.

The phone pairs OK with my car kit and my bluetooth headphones (and can use the headset and A2DP profiles)

The Laptop used to pair OK with my old Sony phone.

I would have expected to see the Blackberry services appear in the list on the PC, and atleast the headset service appear in the list on the phone

This is on Windows Vista

Am I being really stupid?!

Chris
    You are not being the least bit stupid. I just found the answer to my similar problem. Follow this link to a procedure in the Microsoft Knowledge base: You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you install the Bluetooth stack and detect a Bluetooth device in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

I found it by googling "Bluetooth Service Error: Access is denied." My only concern about you using it is that you are on Vista. It's a fix for XP SP2. It solved my problem, but it may not work for you. I don't have access to a Vista machine to test it.
    04-29-08 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD