I just did a search on this within CrackBerry's forums and nothing came up, but really? no BlackBerry Cash?, "BlackCash", "BerryCash", or "BerryPay" app to send money to friends or buy things from a merchant? I'm shocked at the amount of money BlackBerry/RIMM leaves on the table.
    08-31-18 12:41 PM
    I'm shocked that you don't know that BlackBerry has no interest in developing those services because they're busy with making money off of securing those services.
    08-31-18 01:17 PM
    I'm shocked that you don't know that BlackBerry has no interest in developing those services because they're busy with making money off of securing those services.
    I'm not shocked at all. Perhaps BlackBerry kicked his dog or stole his lunch money. 😏
    08-31-18 01:45 PM
    I just did a search on this within CrackBerry's forums and nothing came up, but really? no BlackBerry Cash?, "BlackCash", "BerryCash", or "BerryPay" app to send money to friends or buy things from a merchant? I'm shocked at the amount of money BlackBerry/RIMM leaves on the table.
    Pretty crowded table, I would think.
    There's Android Pay and then some of the banks have their own payment app (Royal Bank of Canada has an app, for example).

Frankly, I would be surprised that there would be a lot of money, seeing as how they would be playing catch-up and have an extremely small market share on which to try to capitalize.
    08-31-18 05:11 PM
    Put down the rumchata.
    08-31-18 05:35 PM
    Put down the rumchata.
    Pretty sure its something stronger then that.....Or just fishing.
    08-31-18 08:01 PM
    BB had some payments in Canada at one time, but those died when North America and Europe agreed on new security standards and BB had already been pushed aside. The banks don't really WANT to share, but the clout of Google and Apple and even Samsung gives them the power to get in the game. BB's userbase is tiny by comparison and shrinking, and BB is out of the smartphone business, so there's absolutely zero leverage for them to make deals even in Canada anymore.

Of course, you can use Android Pay on modern (Android) BB devices, so, again, there's no need (or desire, or ability) by BB to develop their own system.
    Laura Knotek and pdr733 like this.
    08-31-18 09:05 PM