Guys, I use a Q10. And I use a network that does not give me BlackBerry service. that means I don't have BlackBerry icon in the upper right corner of the display. Hence I m not able to use BBM from the day I started using my Q10. And my friends and colleagues use the same network in android and iphones, they are able to use BBM. What a pity situation. They all kidding me that I m using a BlackBerry and I have no BBM. And they all have.. Its a funny yet sad thing really. Today I m going to change my network for this BBM.

Posted via Writer's BlackBerry, Q10
    03-08-14 10:19 AM
    Guys, I use a Q10. And I use a network that does not give me BlackBerry service. that means I don't have BlackBerry icon in the upper right corner of the display. Hence I m not able to use BBM from the day I started using my Q10. And my friends and colleagues use the same network in android and iphones, they are able to use BBM. What a pity situation. They all kidding me that I m using a BlackBerry and I have no BBM. And they all have.. Its a funny yet sad thing really. Today I m going to change my network for this BBM.

The only reason you would have internet access but no BlackBerry symbol is if that carrier is intentionally blocking BlackBerry traffic. Because it is just a simple tunnel over standard internet TCP/IP protocol.

Have you talked to your carrier about it? Sometimes there are weird SIM cards that don't provision the phone properly.
    03-08-14 10:40 AM
    I talked with them..they don't even understand What I m talking about. And they are talking about the old BIS offers.

03-08-14 10:48 AM
    OP,

It could be an issue with your SIM card. What country are you in and what is the name of your carrier?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    03-08-14 11:17 AM
    I knw man. Tats why I m changing my sim.i live in oman, and my network is called Friendi.

03-08-14 11:21 AM

Did you create a BlackBerry ID account ??

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.2141 on AT&T
    03-08-14 03:39 PM
    I talked with them..they don't even understand What I m talking about. And they are talking about the old BIS offers.

Hmm, yeah... that's not promising.

I knw man. Tats why I m changing my sim.i live in oman, and my network is called Friendi.

Some carriers in that part of the world are aggressive about blocking things. So that is definitely a possibility.

Another is, as some of us have wondered, if it is a SIM/provisioning issue.

If no one there even understands your question, I don't know what to tell you.

Did you use this SIM card in an older BlackBerry? (I'm not sure older BlackBerries even accepted microSIMs)

If so, you might want to try asking them for a new SIM.

I looked up their web page. They are an MVNO of Virgin Mobile. (reseller - just reselling service from another carrier)

You may want to try calling their "parent" carrier - Virgin Mobile Middle East and Africa. There is a link on this page:

Who we are - FRiENDi mobile

It's common for MVNOs to not have much technical expertise because they don't actually operate the network.
    03-08-14 04:11 PM
    Do you have BlackBerry services enabled on your SIM. Some carriers still require this with BB10 phones. It doesn't give you BIS on the BB10 phones, but enables them to work on these networks.

I don't require it on my Rogers Q10, using the Rogers network, but I asked them to keep it on the account so I could use it in my 9900. My wife is on Bell and her account needs to have a BlackBerry provision on it to work with the Q10. Incidentally, data is data in Canada, so the BIS on either phone does not change the price of the plan.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 04:11 PM
    Can you use another apps that requires internet such as messenger, browser or any other?

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 05:13 PM
    I can use other apps as usual except BBM. And I used the same BBM in the same network in my previous BlackBerry z10. And suddenly it stopped working. First I thought it's the problem of my cell phone. And I changed my z10 to another z10. Still it is not working. that time I found that there is no BlackBerry icon in the upper right corner of the display. So I understood something is happened. And I called the service care and they said blah blah only. And when I changed that z10 too to my Q10, I changed my sim card too. But with the same network. Still no difference. And I don't believe I m that dumb not to make a BlackBerry id in my cell. Hence I found there is no clue left and there are no loop holes anymore..thats because yesterday I took new sim from another provider which I checked before wether it has that icon or not. But what hurts me more is In android phones with the same network all can use bbm effortlessly...I feel it very strange. and I m trying to register my Q10 from the past one month. It just says request send. After that no address. WEIRDDD

03-08-14 10:39 PM
    Man, that makes sense. I really appreciate you that you have researched about the friendi network and you found out some crucial thing. I knw it's not parent carrier. But still I like to use it because it has some cool unlimited Internet offers. Anyway thanks.

03-08-14 10:46 PM
    Try the Android bbm download through the Amazon store perhaps that will work.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:16 PM
    I can use other apps as usual except BBM. And I used the same BBM in the same network in my previous BlackBerry z10. And suddenly it stopped working. First I thought it's the problem of my cell phone. And I changed my z10 to another z10. Still it is not working. that time I found that there is no BlackBerry icon in the upper right corner of the display. So I understood something is happened. And I called the service care and they said blah blah only. And when I changed that z10 too to my Q10, I changed my sim card too. But with the same network. Still no difference. And I don't believe I m that dumb not to make a BlackBerry id in my cell. Hence I found there is no clue left and there are no loop holes anymore..thats because yesterday I took new sim from another provider which I checked before wether it has that icon or not. But what hurts me more is In android phones with the same network all can use bbm effortlessly...I feel it very strange. and I m trying to register my Q10 from the past one month. It just says request send. After that no address. WEIRDDD

That must be the carrier then....
    Try to sideload bbm android if it still not working change your carrier or change your phone.

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-09-14 06:15 AM
    Here in Belgium we have the same issue. Telenet the second operator doesn't provide BlackBerry services. BlackBerry has to talk with the operators, simple as that.

BlackBerry Q5
    03-09-14 07:47 AM
    Here in Belgium we have the same issue. Telenet the second operator doesn't provide BlackBerry services. BlackBerry has to talk with the operators, simple as that.

BlackBerry Q5
    No its a carrier issue you need to contact your carrier of change them

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:20 AM
    In the meanwhile install snap and download bbm and use the android version till you get a fix

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:30 AM
    For me, android BBM crashes, and for now I acrossed that issue. I changed my sim card. And for all your info, I was using this BlackBerry service in the same second grade network till two months back. It all stopped all of a sudden death. Its a mystery of all time. :-D

Omnitech likes this.
    03-09-14 08:46 AM
    For me, android BBM crashes, and for now I acrossed that issue. I changed my sim card. And for all your info, I was using this BlackBerry service in the same second grade network till two months back. It all stopped all of a sudden death. Its a mystery of all time. :-D

Because of your location your Government does NOT permit BlackBerry services, it perhaps was a mistake that you got it in the first place, BBM especially is an issue for them, the authorities have NOT yet caught on to the cross platform BBM, but you can expect them to shut that down too.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:58 AM
    Try Calling them and tell them that you've inserted your Sim into an iphone and that some of your Internet services Are not working, including BBM.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    03-09-14 09:00 AM

What network are you on?

Do you get a capital lettered network mode?

Can you access the internet?

With Wi-Fi can you access BBM?

Futhermore normal internet powers BBM in the newer BB10 models. A special internet plan like the BIS before isn't needed. You either must be blocked or something is preventing you from accessing BBM.
    03-09-14 09:06 AM
    Just for your info, I use a Z10 as a second device over wi-fi only (no sim card at all) aand BBM works perfectly with it..

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    03-09-14 09:45 AM

There is one very simple test you can make. Try your phone connected over WiFi - test with and without cellular enabled. If you get BBM etc over WiFi at any time you have proved the problem is in your cellular service, and there is nothing wrong in your device or the software.

If your network is blocking BBM on Government or religious instructions there is probably nothing you can do to change the situation.
    03-09-14 09:46 AM
    Man, govt didn block anything. I changed sim today, and I m using bbm now.

dalight13 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    03-09-14 10:59 AM
    Ya you are true.
    In wifi I was also getting BBM.

03-09-14 11:49 AM
    Updating, I was wrong when I said it can't be a problem in your device settings if WiFi works. Today I lost data service from O2 (UK) on my Z10. The problem when I found it was broken APN, because it started working again when I reset the APN. I'm not saying you have the same problem, just suggesting another place to check.
    03-09-14 02:36 PM
26 12