Honestly I'm very surprised that no one at RIM has come up with an idea to open up Blackberry Outlet stores across the world or atleast in North America. This is what drives apple's sales through the roof. RIM should open up outlets and put up in-store displays for their products especially the upcoming Playbook. You know how much new customers RIM would get if they implemented this idea? Most average non tech customers only like what they see or what they've tried not what they've been told. I go to the Apple store sometimes and its always packed with people buying stuff and checking out the products. If RIM had done this, they wouldve been making way more sales than now. I've always been asking myself this question and why no one here hasn't brought this up. I hope they start opening up retail outlets soon because this is the key to making high sales. And RIM should've been taking notes from Apple on this. Not saying they should copy Apple but use this great marketing strategy. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 02-17-11 at 06:48 PM.
    02-17-11 06:44 PM
    02-17-11 06:48 PM
    Ironically there isn't any in Canada even though RIM in located in Canada...

02-17-11 07:07 PM
    So there are 2 in an entire Country. Some state counties have more Apple stories than that.

I agree as well that RIM should open up more stores in the US. AT LEAST one per major city.
    02-17-11 07:17 PM
    Why compete with your carriers?

02-17-11 09:19 PM
    Why compete with your carriers?

Not intended for competition, its just for more people to experience Blackberry's products instead of the non-dummy products carriers tend to put on display. That doesn't help in any way of attracting more customers. Apple's products are all live and working so when customers walk in they can experience what they are about to buy before they buy it or consumers who just come there to check the products out and what the experience looks/feels like, you know what I'm trying to get at here? Personally I'm not a fan of what Rogers does with their display products nor any retailer in Canada, they put dummy phones instead of live and working phones and think you will like it and want to buy it right away. The only carrier and retailer who I've ever seen put live product on display in Canada is MTS (Located in Manitoba). All their products are live and working including their HDTV and High Speed Internet service so you will know what you are about to buy or sign up for. Personally I think this is a great idea and I don't think it will hurt if other retailers or companies do this as well.

Also we can get direct help or tech support with our BBs instead of the hassle of going through the carriers or being charged $50 to speak to a Blackberry rep.

Last edited by luqman24; 02-17-11 at 09:58 PM.
    02-17-11 09:54 PM
    RIM has no need to open up retail outlets it would just be a big amount of sunk costs, that RIM will never see again. They have such a small line up of products, within this year all they would have would be one tablet and several Blackberry models to display if they opened a retail location.

On the other hand with Apple, they provide customers the opportunity to see iPhones, iPad, Macbooks, iMacs etc. They have a wide variety of products to market and sell when compared to Blackberry.

It would just be the dumbest idea for RIM to open a retail location.

Also you gotta consider how big the company is when you compare RIM with Apple. Apple is like 3 times the size of RIM, as they have so much more products to offer to the public.
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 02-17-11 at 10:20 PM.
    02-17-11 10:15 PM
    Yep. You need to compare Apple(s) to...well, Apple. They have software, computers, keyboards, accessories, monitors, Apple TV, iPod's, oh, and the iPhone. RIM will have the Playbook, phones, and accessories. Not even a close comparison.
    02-17-11 10:41 PM
    In the end, carriers need to change how they market their phone line-ups. We need more carriers like MTS, as far as I'm aware Bell is set to setup their in-store displays with live units by 2012, but we shall see if they actually comes through
    02-17-11 10:46 PM
    In the end, carriers need to change how they market their phone line-ups. We need more carriers like MTS, as far as I'm aware Bell is set to setup their in-store displays with live units by 2012, but we shall see if they actually comes through
    Yeah I've seen the Bell TV displays at the source and their interactive tv guide does not look too appealing. Telus has the best tv guide looks IMO. Looks pretty sleek :P

02-17-11 11:16 PM
    Yeah I've seen the Bell TV displays at the source and their interactive tv guide does not look too appealing. Telus has the best tv guide looks IMO. Looks pretty sleek :P

You're talking about their optic tv and digital tv right? Cause Satelitte is the same as Bell's as its actually Bell's system rebranded to Telus
    02-18-11 12:01 AM
    You're talking about their optic tv and digital tv right? Cause Satelitte is the same as Bell's as its actually Bell's system rebranded to Telus
    Yeah I was talking about the optik tv. And Bell allowed them to go through with this? Like get credit and make money off of it? Wow that's unlike Bell lol.

02-18-11 12:11 AM
    Yeah I was talking about the optik tv. And Bell allowed them to go through with this? Like get credit and make money off of it? Wow that's unlike Bell lol.

When I was working for Bell, we were told that Bell is receiving royalties from Telus' sales and it was a lease agreement for everything related to its satellite
    02-18-11 12:13 AM
    I think bell and telus work more closely together then one would think. they many towers, there coverage maps mirror one another as they have the same system so their able to put more towers in remote place and then rent off one another or how ever they do that. Works well for me as virgin uses rents of bell and has better packages.
    I know that it would not be in rims interest to have stores, but I would like to see the day you can buy phones unlocked and then use them with whomever you please, I always buy my phones outright but hate that they are still locked to that carrier.
    02-18-11 12:32 AM
    I think bell and telus work more closely together then one would think. they many towers, there coverage maps mirror one another as they have the same system so their able to put more towers in remote place and then rent off one another or how ever they do that. Works well for me as virgin uses rents of bell and has better packages.
    I know that it would not be in rims interest to have stores, but I would like to see the day you can buy phones unlocked and then use them with whomever you please, I always buy my phones outright but hate that they are still locked to that carrier.
    Packages have become very similar to what Bell and Telus offers, but also the reason is Bell owns Virgin Mobile Canada now
    02-18-11 09:01 AM
    Here in the US, Verizon corporate stores have all live units. (at least in my area).

02-18-11 09:39 AM
    I would like to see stores more for customer support and tutorials. The "Genius" bar is a big attaction for me when deciding to buy products the Apple has. It would be good for me to walk into a BB store and ask for help that call BB or even AT&T.

02-18-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD