What happens if the carrier you have a BIS plan through doesn't have a BIS website?

I believe that is the case with Orange in Israel. (If anyone knows of an address for the site, it would be greatly appreciated).

Are there any significant differences in e-mail configuration and functionality?

Thanks.
    04-06-10 01:04 PM
    As long as it's set up through your phone, you should be alright. The only thing I think I use the BIS website for is resending service books, but you can do that through the phone as well.
    04-06-10 01:16 PM
    I tried to find it, even went to the Orange Israel website, no dice there...
    04-06-10 01:18 PM
    Thanks.

Since I don't know what it means to resend service books, I would imagine then that whatever I would need to do could be done from the phone.
    04-06-10 01:19 PM
    Thanks, Elvin.

As long as I can manage all the configurations from the 9700 directly, I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Since this will be my first BB (coming over from a Nokia E71), I'll never have used a BIS website, so I won't know what I am missing.
    04-06-10 01:20 PM
    I tried to find it, even went to the Orange Israel website, no dice there...
    Elvin, you speak / understand Hebrew?
    04-06-10 01:23 PM
    You're really not missing much. If you go into your e-mail settings folder, and enter the e-mail settings application on the device, you are going to be able to do everything that you would be able to on the website, albiet in a sligtly different package since it's on the device itself, but it works just the same.

Sending service books is essentially sending the service information to your handset. Service books carry all of your e-mail settings, any push information settings that may need to be on there to use some of your applications, etc. If you ever run into any sort of issue with your e-mail not working correctly, resending the service books is usually the first thing that you should do to see if that clears up the issue. From the e-mail app, once you're at the main screen where you see the e-mail addresses you have setup on your device, press menu, and select service books, then click send service books to re-send them to your device.

Welcome to the CrackBerry community!
    04-06-10 01:24 PM
    Elvin, you speak / understand Hebrew?
    No, I sure don't, I had to use google translator to be able to navigate the site! It'd be nice if I could read it!
    04-06-10 01:25 PM

Welcome to the CrackBerry community!
    Thanks for the welcome. I can tell that it's people like you who make these forums the invaluable resource that they are.
    04-06-10 01:29 PM
    Thanks! I gained so much knowledge thru this site that it's nice to share it with others, it has certainly become the first place that I go for information related to BlackBerry. Enjoy!!
    04-06-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD