I traveled to Argentina. Did not get roaming because of its cost, believing that i could connect my BBM via wifi. My step daughter could do it with her Curve, but my 9860 only has the browser going, with the icon in grey, not green. Settings are the same for both BBs. Why?
    07-03-12 08:31 AM
    Some plans dont allow bbm through wifi. A basic plan with rogers didnt allow me to use bbm on wifi. They wanted me to upgrade to a more expensive plan.
    07-03-12 08:43 AM
    jeffrey1027 - your reply doesnt make sense. Your service provider doesnt control your WiFi connection, unless you are connecting to their WiFi network. It is more likely a matter of not having a version of software installed on your handset that supports WiFi for anything other then web browsing. Check the version of BBM installed on your handset, and then see if that version supports BBM over WiFi.
    07-03-12 09:13 AM
    jeffrey1027 - your reply doesnt make sense. Your service provider doesnt control your WiFi connection, unless you are connecting to their WiFi network. It is more likely a matter of not having a version of software installed on your handset that supports WiFi for anything other then web browsing. Check the version of BBM installed on your handset, and then see if that version supports BBM over WiFi.
    It actually is carrier related, when I traveled with my 9800 I couldn't use bbm over wifi cuz I didn't had roaming, so u have to speak to ur carrier...
    07-03-12 10:00 AM
    I traveled to Argentina. Did not get roaming because of its cost, believing that i could connect my BBM via wifi. My step daughter could do it with her Curve, but my 9860 only has the browser going, with the icon in grey, not green. Settings are the same for both BBs. Why?
    R u using movistar from venezuela? If u are u need to have ur sim card on amd the signal on but just to get the blackberry symbol in order to work, if it doesn't work this way then u have to speak to them, its movistar's problem
    07-03-12 10:03 AM
    Is your home SIM in the phone? You need a BlackBerry activated sim in the phone for BlackBerry services to work over wifi and I also suppose your home carrier has to support it via a service book. You just have to select data roaming off when out of your home country to avoid the data charges.

Does you daughter have her home SIM in the phone and data roaming off?
    07-03-12 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD