2 year contract for by BB 9780 ends in December. Was going to get a BB10, but now that's no longer an option. What should I get instead? Or should I actually consider not upgrading and wait...? What to do...?!!
    06-30-12 03:09 AM
    I've been holding out with my 9800. Skipped my upgrade date when they launched to 9900 so I could get a BB10 device. I might go ahead and get a 9900 or WTH, try out one of the competition since I'm tired of playing the waiting game. Won't be able to use my upgrade till mid 2013 anyway...and who knows, they may break that promise too!

Signed,
    "Pissed that I might have to go to an apple or android phone because of the arrogance of the former azzholes running the company."
    06-30-12 03:40 AM
    With that, I'm completely going for the iPhone now/the galaxy s3. I have til friday to decide. 2013 is far too long for the wait and my 9780 is getting a little slow and old now, and I don't think getting the bb7 devices are worth it (for me personally at this time).
    Last edited by tkwolf; 06-30-12 at 12:15 PM.
    06-30-12 12:12 PM
    This is exactly the problem I was mentioning in other posts, that the BB10 delays mean leaving a large group of people with ending upgrade cycles in limbo, since RIM has stalled anything new for over a year already.

If possible, keep your existing phone if it works and does the job. Try re-negotiating your plan to save on costs (since you are not taking advantage of new hardware, or threaten to switch, unlock phone for $5 and use with a cheaper carrier).... Then wait until early 2013.

If RIM does not deliver in 2013 then no choice but to bail!

I am in contract until late 2013 and no upgrades available until late 2012, so not in any rush. So I can wait a few more months and see or ride out my contract and start fresh.

I hope RIM delivers! Go BB10!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    06-30-12 12:18 PM
    To the OP if your upgrade is in December 2012 why not just wait it out? Not like you will lose much by waiting cause the S3 will be have been out for a while and the iPhone will have launched, I wouldn't worry so early if I were you.
    06-30-12 01:21 PM
    Do not know what you should.... perhaps you could help me in deciding what color tie I should wear tomorrow.....
    06-30-12 01:27 PM
    If you don't upgrade on the exact date it says, you can just go any time...it's not as if your upgrade expires and then you have to wait another two years (at least with Verizon). BB10 is supposed to be Q1 2013 so December isn't too far from that. I would just wait.
    06-30-12 01:50 PM
    If you don't upgrade on the exact date it says, you can just go any time...it's not as if your upgrade expires and then you have to wait another two years (at least with Verizon). BB10 is supposed to be Q1 2013 so December isn't too far from that. I would just wait.
    I am going for the GS3 ... yeah Q1 '13 is not far off from Q4 '12 but I don't have confidence that the launch wont push again further into '13 or perhaps never. I've lost all faith in RIMs ability to deliver.
    06-30-12 01:58 PM
    I am no longer getting the bb10 phone and going to get windows phone 8, i think the UI on it is beautiful
    06-30-12 02:32 PM
    Although people seem very disappointed in RIM right now (a likely understatement) we should understand that phone are part of a 2 or 3 year cycle now. As long as the BB10 holds out as a good phone when it finally arrives people will buy it. Just as now that RIM won't have a phone until 2013 (Jan? maybe Mar?, Apr?) we should probably not hold out until then. Buy the best phone that fits your need now, upgrade later.
    06-30-12 02:42 PM
    Either

Or

06-30-12 02:46 PM
    I would just wait.
    Just because you'll be eligible for an upgrade doesn't mean you have to use it right away.
    I'd just wait.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 03:10 PM
    I was sort of in the same boat a month ago when I was due for new subsidized contract phone and the last Blackberries came out close to a year ago. I was considering a BB10 device to wait for, but jumped the gun and bought a Bold 9900. Why? I knew the first BB10 would be an all touch device and for me that is a deal breaker, I need a QWERTY device.

So I got the Bold 9900 and I have to say it is an excellent device with the best keyboard I have ever used on any phone. Glad I got it.

Now many will jump ship to another platform since RIM hasn't has anything new in awhile, but unlike 2 years ago, I think smartphone tech has hit a brick wall in advancements in technology in the last year, so the hardware on the BB7 devices aren't really outdated.

I mean yea we are seeing dual core, quad core phones coming out, but has anyone figured out how to make those phones do anything single core phones aren't doing just as well right now or even a year ago? I would say no.

So even though BB7 phones are nearly a year old, the industry has slowed in tech advancements IMHO. I mean no one has really fully integrated NFC, dual core/quad core processors, 4G is common but still developing in many areas, voice dictation apps still leave a lot to be desired, etc.

But whether its BB7, Windows Phone, iOS, Android, I say upgrade as soon as possible when the phone carrier is willing to subsidize your phone. Get what you want, chances are even if BB10 is awesome when it comes out, it will be even more fine tuned by the time your contract is up and will have different hardware builds to choose from too.

So I will enjoy my BB7 Bold 9900 for the next couple of years...
    06-30-12 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD