Guess Mr. Heins didn't get my suggestion regarding commercials during the big game, oh well. Also shocked that Apple didn't try to push the iPhone 5. Unless I missed it, did I?
    02-05-12 09:24 PM
    Guess Mr. Heins didn't get my suggestion regarding commercials during the big game, oh well. Also shocked that Apple didn't try to push the iPhone 5. Unless I missed it, did I?
    At about $3.5M for a 30 second spot, and with EVERYBODY bringing their A game for commercials, I don't blame RIM for sitting this one out.
    02-05-12 09:34 PM
    Also shocked that Apple didn't try to push the iPhone 5. Unless I missed it, did I?
    Apple *never* advertises a product prior to ship date, and usually not until shortly after. Would not want to introduce "Osborne Effect" which would kill sales in the short term and not guarantee sales in the long term. O.E. is a classic mistake, pros don't make it.
    02-05-12 09:36 PM
    I thought i saw a few BB Bold on the Canadian feed. I might be wrong. I had a lot to drink
    02-05-12 09:54 PM
    I thought i saw a few BB Bold on the Canadian feed. I might be wrong. I had a lot to drink
    Yeah I did too on CTV (a canadian network). The one with the 2 guys DJing, only once though.
    02-05-12 09:58 PM
    Apple *never* advertises a product prior to ship date, and usually not until shortly after. Would not want to introduce "Osborne Effect" which would kill sales in the short term and not guarantee sales in the long term. O.E. is a classic mistake, pros don't make it.
    This....

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:00 PM
    Yeah I did too on CTV (a canadian network). The one with the 2 guys DJing, only once though.
    ya and there was another one with some guy ordering food for his restaurant by bbm'ing pics of ingredients to his cook lol
    02-05-12 10:02 PM
    No, Apple did not advertise any Iphone 5 commercials, nor did RIM show any Bold ads for us Americans.
    02-05-12 11:13 PM
    Apple doesn't need to waste that kind of money. They'll let the media froth things up with free promotion for every little "leak" for iPhone5, again, and if it gets slow, they'll just leave one in a bar...

So weird to see Howard Stern in a network TV commercial, especially for NBC... Can't wait for AGT.
    02-05-12 11:27 PM
    As much as I would have loved to have seen a BlackBerry commercial, I wasn't surprised that there wasn't one. Countless celebrities in various fields use BlackBerrys... RIM posted something with Madonna talking about her BlackBerry the other day. If RIM spent a little time researching who talks about or tweets about their products, those people would just be a phonecall away.
    02-06-12 12:51 AM
    Samsung spent $10 million on a Super Bowl ad. Samsung airs $10 million anti-iPhone ad during Super Bowl [video]

Not many companies can afford to spend that much.
    02-06-12 10:01 AM
    Apple doesn't need to waste that kind of money. They'll let the media froth things up with free promotion for every little "leak" for iPhone5, again, and if it gets slow, they'll just leave one in a bar...
    And then it will get picked up by a pair of RIM employees, who will then board an Air Canada flight. You know the rest.
    02-06-12 10:05 AM
    And then it will get picked up by a pair of RIM employees, who will then board an Air Canada flight. You know the rest.
    Hahaha, I forgot about that incident. Lmao @ the thought of a drunk executive throwing a tantrum while gnawing on his safety belt. Blogs had a field day with that one.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 10:08 AM
    I think it's perfectly fine that they didn't advertise. Super bowl commercials are ridiculously expensive and RIM isn't very good at making commercials to say the least. I don't think we'll see a real marketing push until BB10.
    02-06-12 03:58 PM
    Yeah that would of been a big waste of money for Rim.
    Loved the Samsung commercial. About 5-6 people around me
    with iPhones liked it and were talking about it lol.
    guess it was worth the 10 million.
    02-06-12 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD