Think the OP needs to research things a bit... first... never buy anything foir any electronics .. especially new products without checking first to make sure your device supports it.... You need to be running 10.2.1 leaked OS to take advantage of 4.2 apps... even then not everyting would work..... again research is in order not assumption.... will keep the OP "madder" level down....
    Running latest leak, and how would I research a product to see if it works without buying it?
    01-24-14 08:44 PM
    Like I said, what version?? Because it doesn't crash when I open it...

Attachment 241503

Attachment 241504

Attachment 241505
    I'm running the latest leak. Can you connect to it? It just crashes when I try and connect.
    01-24-14 08:44 PM
    OK, so you got that far then? I don't have one I can connect to at the moment
    01-24-14 08:48 PM
    OK, so you got that far then? I don't have one I can connect to at the moment
    No, I take that back. That app you have isn't the current one and must be some out dated version. That doesn't look at all like the one I have from Google Play.
    01-24-14 08:56 PM
    I would confirm over 90+% of 4.2 apps work with the new official update.
    Lol you'd be real far off in your "confirmation"
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    01-24-14 08:57 PM
    And yes guys I know it's a ***** thread. And I know it comes off as being another complainer. The thing is it that I really do love BB10 but it's so frustrating that some things like this don't work. I do appreciate the tips and everyone is always helpful, I just wish it didn't have to be this freaking difficult to get a simple bluetooth headset app to work. It's such a great OS but it's incomplete until some of this stuff starts working and makes it a viable alternative to Android and iOS.
    01-24-14 09:00 PM
    Had a Jawbone, had great noise reduction but was not that loud and randomly rebooted during dialing. I now have a Plantronics legend, it is far better in nearly all aspects. People think I am at home talking on the phone when I am actually in my Jeep
    01-24-14 09:03 PM
    Lol you'd be real far off in your "confirmation"
    Says it works with ERA. Give it a shot. Available in the Amazon App Store
    MERCDROID likes this.
    01-24-14 09:07 PM
    Says it works with ERA. Give it a shot. Available in the Amazon App Store
    Ok I'll try it. Thanks!
    MERCDROID likes this.
    01-24-14 09:11 PM
    There is no end to this garbage. I got the new Jawbone Era today and guess what, no app for it so I can't utilize all of its features with BB10. Guess what else, the Android port doesn't work and crashes upon opening. Headset works great but my gosh it's really frustrating and I don't see an end in site to this mess. End rant.
    Bad timing, 10.2.1 is around the corner, apps. Will be there!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:13 PM
    Go buy an iPhone then.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-24-14 09:18 PM
    Running latest leak, and how would I research a product to see if it works without buying it?

This no app situation makes me madder every day-mockit_24012014222714.jpg

*whispers* you research using the interwebz before purchase

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    01-24-14 09:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_24012014222714.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	241512

*whispers* you research using the interwebz before purchase

Posted via CB10
    Please do some research and tell me what you find on will Android port of Jawbone app work with jawbone headset. *whispers* there isn't anything.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 09:38 PM
    Please do some research and tell me what you find on will Android port of Jawbone app work with jawbone headset. *whispers* there isn't anything.
    Why would I research something that isn't my issue lol.... my point was that you can research said product prior to purchasing said product. If you find "nothing" chances are.... "nothing" works? lol
    01-24-14 09:44 PM
    Really, I didn't know you monitored ally posts.
    Hahaha thanks for the laugh. He doesn't have to monitor anything to notice that. If he happens to browse the threads even once a month he would likely come across your unrelenting complaints.
    Like people have told you, research in a wonderful tool (even though you seem to think it was not possible to research the products before buying it).
    Do yourself (and the CB community) a favor and out your phone up for a sale and get something that works for you.

Posted via CB10
    thisiscjay likes this.
    01-24-14 09:46 PM
    Why would I research something that isn't my issue lol.... my point was that you can research said product prior to purchasing said product. If you find "nothing" chances are.... "nothing" works? lol
    Really? So if an app is available in Snap and I don't see anything on the web about it not working with BB10, I should just assume it doesn't work? Good to know.
    01-24-14 09:49 PM
    Ok I'll try it. Thanks!
    You knew the situation before you bought it. It's as simple as that. When I got my z10, (200 btw) I was debating between that and the new ipod... for the same price it just didn't make sense. the apps were not something that factored huge and just with my experience of the playbook (my first ever bb) I was on board.

I know it can be frustrating but the way you even phrase your points sounds like trolling. "I guess BlackBerry is out of the race "... we all know this and It doesn't really matter.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:51 PM
    Really? So if an app is available in Snap and I don't see anything on the web about it not working with BB10, I should just assume it doesn't work? Good to know.
    If the app is not in bbw, then it is totally a crap shoot if it will work at all. Never presume that any port or sideload will work as designed

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    01-24-14 10:03 PM
    Would you get mad at a girl you married because she isn't getting prettier? Nah that'd be your fault because you could clearly see what you were getting yourself into before you committed.
    That's the killer. We don't know which company is going to support BB10 when they make their apps. It's safe to say in 2014, iOS and Android are a given.

The thing is if you choose an OS that very few other people chose, then you deal with the fact that companies like Jawbone are not even thinking about your phone when they develop their products.

On the other hand, you get a unique OS with an experience different from everyone else. Some people like that, but you have to take the bad with the good.

It's a rare operating system and a rare product line in the world right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    How many years was iOS and Android out for? Now how many years is BB10 out for? I believe you just answered your own question. I do agree that several key apps are missing for BB10, but it will take time for more apps to come to the BB10 platform, and you can blame the previous management for this delay that could have been prevented with proper device prices, marketing/advertising etc., and the silly move to put the company up for sale due to there own bloody incompetence, further delayed app development.
    Around the time of the last Super Bowl, OP would've gotten boo'ed and banned from the forum for blasphemy...

At least some of the BBRY faithful are opening their eyes and not denying there's limitations.

Think the OP needs to research things a bit... first... never buy anything foir any electronics .. especially new products without checking first to make sure your device supports it.... You need to be running 10.2.1 leaked OS to take advantage of 4.2 apps... even then not everyting would work..... again research is in order not assumption.... will keep the OP "madder" level down....
    Well, except this guy.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 10:04 PM
    You know what, I would be willing to bet that if you came and started a thread requesting someone test that out for you before you bought, that they would have. Rather you buy it and then come here and proclaim the death of BlackBerry on a weekly basis.

Posted via CB10
    This. I'm not sure why OP can't share this very same perspective..
    ray689 likes this.
    01-24-14 10:05 PM
    If the app is not in bbw, then it is totally a crap shoot if it will work at all. Never presume that any port or sideload will work as designed

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    No you are right, I was just hoping it would work. Just seems weird that it wouldn't but at the end of the day not a huge deal, just disappointing.
    01-24-14 10:05 PM
    I don't care what you noticed. I've said plenty of positive about BB10 in the OS forums and Z30 forums. This is the general discussion forum, not the lets pretend BB10 is the king of all OS's forum. If you don't like it, do what I am doing, and click ignore. Bye Ray.
    Latest version says "varies with device". Maybe you don't only need to be running a certain version of android but a certain device as well. Dunno

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:06 PM
    You know what, I would be willing to bet that if you came and started a thread requesting someone test that out for you before you bought, that they would have. Rather you buy it and then come here and proclaim the death of BlackBerry on a weekly basis.

Posted via CB10
    This. I'm not sure why OP can't share this very same perspective..
    I'm sure many of us on CB would do that no problemo.

However, I think the OP's frustration is with the fact that he wants his BB10 to do certain things, but it just can't. And worst of all, it's not inherently BB's fault, it's just that other companies just aren't even including BB in the equation when it comes to things like this...

I know that I definitely do not want to fiddle with leaked versions and android sideloads just to get something that should be working properly out of the box in the first place. It's like reading the product directions and it says, "If you have an Android or iOS device, follow steps 1-4," and then there's an asterisk that says, "But if you have BB10 follow steps 6-15 and you will possibly have a fully functioning and reliable app." That's not a great user experience in my opinion regardless of how the OS peeks and flows.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 10:13 PM
    Would you get mad at a girl you married because she isn't getting prettier? Nah that'd be your fault because you could clearly see what you were getting yourself into before you committed.
    That's a terrible analogy. BB10 has and continues to get prettier with each update, just not in the app department.
    01-24-14 10:14 PM
    I'm sure many of us on CB would do that no problemo.

However, I think the OP's frustration is with the fact that he wants his BB10 to do certain things, but it just can't. And worst of all, it's not inherently BB's fault, it's just that other companies just aren't even including BB in the equation when it comes to things like this...
    Okay so if he knows it just can't then either learn to be okay with it or switch to something that won't be so frustrating. Constant discussion will not make it do what it can't or change his frustration level but rather add to it.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:16 PM
75 123