Hi,

I have been looking around now for a couple of hours but don't seem to get a solution to my problem so I'm hoping you can shed some light over it, as I need services back asap.

I am a user of Orange UK. Yesterday I arrived in Dubai and I did what I do in all my international trips, I turn the mobile network off and connect to the wi-fi so i can keep using email, bbm and if I am lucky, UMA too. I had no problem in using any of the services. Today, though, it's a whole different story. When I woke up the wifi connection had gone as I had the phone too far from the signal. Once I moved closed, it recognised the network, but the little house that appears next to the network name on the main screen was red. I don't know what this means but I do know that usually when it's green I can use UMA. Anyway, I haven't been able to use any services all day but I can browse the internet. Obviously I cannot understand why one day is working and not the next. I checked the wi-fi diagnostic for the network, and in the uma section it says: Failed to connect. Location not allowed. I'm not sure what this means. I have no idea if this is a problem with Emirates blacking the server today or if I have done something to the phone not realising. I have been in Emirates before and never had a problem with the connection, so if you could give me some advise I would greatly appreciate it. I don't even need to be able to make calls but having access to bb messenger would certainly help.

Finally, about the little house next to the network name changing colours, from red to green, what does that mean, and why does it change?

Thank you for your help.
    03-04-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD